[SLE / SSE / FO4] Depth of Field

share shaders here
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SE Advanced Depth of Field

Well, I don't have F4 to test, don't claim that it works rightaway on F4 so issues are to be considered.
I made change to post gaussian to fix the bug with tilt shift, nothing else.

*sensei*

Marty McFly wrote:Well, I don't have F4 to test, don't claim that it works rightaway on F4 so issues are to be considered.
I made change to post gaussian to fix the bug with tilt shift, nothing else.
But that's weird cause F4 and SSE shouldn't have any differences when it comes to shaders. At least it didn't so far.

Do you have any idea what specific change could break it in F4?
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't see any, besides depth buffer differences.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@MartyMcFly

I'm back from traveling this past week .. going to download the latest update of your DOF now and get back to work on the video ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Update 1.41 hotfix. There is some senseless code for the preview thing because I couldn't figure out why the hell the color around blurred into it. But that's when I found out that I accidentally enabled original game bloom which gets calculated before enbeffectprepass.fx so there's nothing one can do.

Also I think I found some rare spots in the game where it has "subpixel" flickering of some sorts. For example the Eye of Magnus has that bug, some pixels are way too bright. Might do something like kingeric suggested, Crytek does a similiar thing in Cryengine, "killing Fireflies" is a colorful way to describe that :p

*sensei*

Marty, could you add me on steam so that we could find the solution to F4 bug? I could quickly test your ideas. (My steam nick is the same as here)

One more screenshot of the bug, should be a bit more clear on how it actually looks like:

*master*

For firefly removal, perhaps something like this algorithm? It's for MSAA, but the goals are ultimately the same. The results in my shader were fairly good, with the main catch being - of course- less sharp highlights.

I'm not seeing the same problems as MaxG3D in my Fallout 4. With that said, the blur seems to have an odd distribution, with it reaching full strength almost instantly, and turning the intensity down causing problems in the mid range. (Pic)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, I don't have the game, and I don't really have an idea what's causing it so it'd probably end up in endless tests back and forth. Which I have 0 interest in, given my tight schedule these days. Buying the game is also senseless as I absolutely hate wasteland themed games, that depressing feeling they give.
Sorry people, I'd really like to fix it if I knew what's causing the problems. Have you tried a the old mask mode?

*sensei*

Marty McFly wrote:Well, I don't have the game, and I don't really have an idea what's causing it so it'd probably end up in endless tests back and forth. Which I have 0 interest in, given my tight schedule these days. Buying the game is also senseless as I absolutely hate wasteland themed games, that depressing feeling they give.
Sorry people, I'd really like to fix it if I knew what's causing the problems. Have you tried a the old mask mode?
I tried all possible settings. But also noticed that tiltshift mode doesn't compile:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh, I fucked something up there. I'll up a fix once I make some new chromatic aberration mode release-ready, which runs with no noticeable fps hit compared to the per tap one.