Help in my Shader Learning Journey.....

share shaders here
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Help in my Shader Learning Journey.....

thanks guys.
Σ>―(°ω°)

@ibbanez
Imo, sections are fine, keep things nice and tidy.

About outlines or general structure, I mean, what is there is there, but there is no rule on how you do with it.
Only thing off is cut scenes.. You have to move the stick over to line up right
it just make focus point on dead center (inefficiently). And as a contemporary answer to the request, do not include it in released preset.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Kingeric1992

I made a video showing people how to make this change in their enbdepthoffield.fx file, because I find that it makes the effect much more enjoyable. I give you a big 'shout out' in the towards the middle of the video and again towards the end ... I hope you don't mind! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79mucc9hUtk]

Just saw tapioks' video on fixing the DoF shader code.
kingeric1992 wrote:3.1 change this under PS_ReadFocus will make dof focus on screen center.

Code: Select all

//  original	        float	tempcurr=TextureDepth.SampleLevel(Sampler0, coord, 0.0).x;
			float	tempcurr=TextureDepth.SampleLevel(Sampler0, 0.5, 0.0).x; // <--replace coord to 0.5
What is the default implementation trying to accomplish with the coord calculation?

Seems like you'd probably want to comment out the two lines above too, for efficiency (or does the shader compiler optimize them away? I don't know anything about shader programming)

Edit: For reference, here's the original code:

Code: Select all

float2	coord=pos.xy * 0.05;
			coord+=IN.txcoord0.xy * 0.05 + float2(0.5, 0.5); //somewhere around the center of screen
			float	tempcurr=TextureDepth.SampleLevel(Sampler0, coord, 0.0).x;

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

HunterZ wrote:What is the default implementation trying to accomplish with the coord calculation?
I think it averages depth on 1/10 of screen area over bottom left corner next to center point with exclusion on objects that comes too close.

I didn't check the ASM, but the compiler might step in and do the optimization.