[Fallout4] Screen archering tools

share shaders here
  • Author

[Fallout4] Screen archering tools

Hey,

Since I wanted to do this little tool anyway, I thought why the hell not share it.
It's basically a glorified black border tools that enable you to input a desired aspect ratio and translate that into black borders on screen. It's then possible to offset those borders and actively "preview" your shot in another aspect ratio. You're then free to either capture and crop with a third party software or if you are feeling like it, quit, change your resolution, and come back to make the shot. Oh well, who am I kidding? It's essentially for those of us who aren't willing to go that extra mile and are just hoping for a dynamic resizer like SRWE to correctly support Fallout 4.

Examples :

"normal, classic HD 16/9 ratio" :

Default 2:35 cinemascope when activated or "Classic" black borders | Default 2:35 with offset
Image Image

2/3 portrait and 2/3 portrait with offset
Image Image

More extreme 5:1 ratio, and with offset
Image Image

So yeah even if it's easier to just fire up xnview, photoshop, or whatever to re-format, it may help to be able to line up the shot as you want before finding out you're just a few pixels short and the subject isn't framed exactly as you wanted.

Enjoy, and happy shooting(s)!

-----
Instructions in the header of the file ( a little borrowed from Kingeric and his magnifying tool )
If there was something to be done for more compatibility or performances, I'll happily take advices !
Attachments
enbcropassistant.fx
(4.18 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Last edited by Wolrajh on 12 Dec 2015, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.

Re: [Fallout4] Screen archering tools : AR preview

Quick question :
how can we capture the position on screen of the mouse cursor and save that data when clicking ?

I know it worlks with tempInfo1.xy and .w (==1) but my issue is that as soon as I release the button, my float2 variable reverts to 0. Basically I want the tempInfo1.xy to stay until redefined by another click...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, i'll probably add another variable for previous position of the cursor. But don't know which one, left click only, right too or even middle (more than 4 vars?).

--- see below --
Last edited by Wolrajh on 12 Dec 2015, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

So yeah, it works, thanks to Boris adding a new parameter, tempInfo2.xy, in the most recent 0.288 release ( download it again ! )

So I added three parameters to the enbdepthoffield.fx file and slightly modified the code.
It's now possible to set the actual DoF right where we want it independantly of the camera's orientation by just clicking on the subject we want to get in focus.

New piece of code is just :

Code: Select all

float2	coord;
if (bAutoFocus == true)									// Autofocus or Manual Focus ?
{
	coord=float2(fFocusX, fFocusY);						// If autofocus, coord refers to X and Y
} else if (tempInfo1.w == 1){ 								// If Manual, then when clicking somewhere...
	coord = tempInfo2.xy;								// ... coord gets the cursor position.
}
tempcurr=TextureDepth.SampleLevel(Sampler0, coord, 0.0).x;	// Get Depth from coord.
instead of :

float2	coord=pos.xy * 0.05;
coord+=IN.txcoord0.xy * 0.05 + float2(0.5, 0.5); //somewhere around the center of screen
float	tempcurr=TextureDepth.SampleLevel(Sampler0, coord, 0.0).x;
with new user parameters being bAutoFocus as a boolean, and fFocusX and fFocusY as floats ranging from 0.0 to 1.0

[edit: small typo in the file, autofocus was broken. Reuploaded.]
Attachments
enbdepthoffield.fx
(14.85 KiB) Downloaded 150 times

Re: [Fallout4] Screen archering tools

A very tiny follow up to the DoF tweak :
Since left click goes through the shader window, the best workaround is simply to ... use right click to set the focus point!
I thought about using the built in detector for an open shader window but really, right clicking is both easier works better.

Instead of :

float2   coord;
if (bAutoFocus == true)                           // Autofocus or Manual Focus ?
{
   coord=float2(fFocusX, fFocusY);                  // If autofocus, coord refers to X and Y
} else if (tempInfo1.w == 1){                         // If Manual, then when clicking somewhere...
   coord = tempInfo2.xy;                        // ... coord gets the cursor position.
}
tempcurr=TextureDepth.SampleLevel(Sampler0, coord, 0.0).x;   // Get Depth from coord.
Just do :

float2   coord;
if (bAutoFocus == true)                           // Autofocus or Manual Focus ?
{
   coord=float2(fFocusX, fFocusY);                  // If autofocus, coord refers to X and Y
} else if (tempInfo1.w == 2){                         // If Manual, then when clicking somewhere...
   coord = tempInfo2.zw;                        // ... coord gets the cursor position.
}
tempcurr=TextureDepth.SampleLevel(Sampler0, coord, 0.0).x;   // Get Depth from coord.
And that's it.
I leave the previous post with left click to set the focus point, just in case.
Attachments
enbdepthoffield.fx
(14.85 KiB) Downloaded 207 times