[Fallout 4] Modular Shader Library for ENBSeries

share shaders here
  • Author

Re: Modular Shader Library for ENBSeries - FO4

I have 2 questions...

The first either JawZ or Boris can answer. I noticed in the 'Modular Shader Library', all the enb*.fx files are located in the 'enbseries' folder. It is nicer on my end to keep the root fallout folder clean and move most of the files to the 'enbseries' folder. Is it ok to have them there, does enb check that folder also?

Second question for JawZ, if I release a preset using your 'Modular Shader Library'. How is the best way to do this? I do not want to step on any toes. Do I release my preset files, and then give instructions on how to add the 'Modular Shader Library'? Then change this or that. Or can I release the 'Modular Shader Library' included in my preset and make sure I give you credit in the descriptions and the files you authored?

Sorry for the newbie questions. Getting some nice results and still holding 60 FPS. My game is very sharp, just the way I like it.

Earth is the toughest school (game) of them all - Delores Cannon

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

"enbseries" folder have higher priority for reading all data from it and if not found, game root folder is used. This includes shaders, their setting, weathers, textures. enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini are the only excluded and in root folder.

ENBSeries wrote:"enbseries" folder have higher priority for reading all data from it and if not found, game root folder is used. This includes shaders, their setting, weathers, textures. enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini are the only excluded and in root folder.
Thank you, I like this

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Keeping the credits in the files and not taking credit for other folks work and that's it. Go ahead and use the files to create your very own preset.
The MSL was never intended for use as-is, only as a repository of various codes. I would suggest extracting the effects you want, remove the rest and be done with it, use .fxh inclusion or functions buried in the main .fx files, or just "pure code", either way is up to you. But using MSL as-is is not what I recommend.

When uncommenting the effects I want to use I get a ton of errors specifically implicit truncation of vector types and alot of undeclared identifiers

// HELPER FUNCTIONS
/// Include the additional shader files containing all helper functions and constants
#include "/Modular Shaders/msHelpers.fxh" /// Required for all files below!
// #include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/00_TonemapMethods.fxh" /// Not functional in v0.289!
#include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/10_AdaptDepth.fxh"
#include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/11_Adaptation.fxh"
#include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/20_BloomProcess.fxh"
#include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/enbAGCC.fxh"
// #include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/30_AGCC.fxh"
// #include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/enbPP1.fxh"
// #include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/enbPP2.fxh"
#include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/enbPP3.fxh"
// #include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/enbPP4.fxh"
// #include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/50_NXS.fxh"
// #include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/51_HDRReinhard.fxh"
#include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/52_HDRFilmicALU.fxh"
// #include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/53_HDRFilmic2D.fxh"
// #include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/54_ImprovedTonemap.fxh"
#include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/60_LocalContrast.fxh"
#include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/61_LocalSaturation.fxh"
#include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/62_NormSaturation.fxh"
#include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/70_NightEye.fxh"
// #include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/71_Sepia.fxh"
// #include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/72_PCC.fxh"
#include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/enbPCC.fxh"
// #include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/enbPalette.fxh"
// #include "/Modular Shaders/enbeffect/73_3DLUT.fxh"

the ones uncommented are the ones I want to use and recommenting them one by one I still get errors with most of them either undeclared identifiers with implicit truncation of vector type
with the default set of effects i get no errors

--JawZ-- wrote:Keeping the credits in the files and not taking credit for other folks work and that's it. Go ahead and use the files to create your very own preset.
The MSL was never intended for use as-is, only as a repository of various codes. I would suggest extracting the effects you want, remove the rest and be done with it, use .fxh inclusion or functions buried in the main .fx files, or just "pure code", either way is up to you. But using MSL as-is is not what I recommend.
Thanks for the reply and your time, of course with everything you shared.

Depth dependend blurring is something I'd really like to use but in some situations the effect leads to quite strange pixelation at light sources. Any idea on how to fix this?

Depth dependend blurring on with quite ugly pixelation around the light source

Depth dependend blurring off

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You are pushing the effect beyond that object by using the Depth option. There is no way to mask it from specific objects. One thing one could do is clamp it to narrower color range to not include it on highlights such as lamps. But that would just make a mess of things.

Not sure there is anything to do with, visual optimizations or otherwise.

Thanks for that fast reply! I'll probably stick with smaller From Near Depth values since I just wanted to get rid of some of the bloom for closeups.

Hi,

Wondering if this can be answered here.

Is there any way to hide specific floats shown in the enb ui in-game based on which pixel shader technique is selected? I've set mine up with 4 different pixel shaders at the moment including one being some of the Modular shader library, but naturally the modular ui floats do not work whilst any other technique is selected by my design as i've basically created switchable presets in-game based on which pixel shader is used, so would prefer if i could hide the unused floats to avoid confusion.

Any help is appreciated.