[Fallout 4] Modular Shader Library for ENBSeries

share shaders here
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

[Fallout 4] Modular Shader Library for ENBSeries

INTRODUCTION
While chatting with some folks at the STEP forum in the enbseries.ini guide, we, myself, Aiyen, Matso and TechAngel,
agreed that it would be helpful to newcomers to the ENBSeries "world" to supply them with easy and highly configurable
shader files. And that it had a clean look with good amount of info in them, letting the "reader" of the code see what each
code line actually do to achieve that particular visual effect.
So I started whipping up my own shader library, borrowing the base template, sort of anyway, from Aiyen's Skylight ENB.

This is however not an extension of Aiyen's Skylight ENB preset, rather something totally different. A base code library for
anyone to configure and expand how they see fit.

FEATURES
Highly customizable and easy customization and addition of various effects for the purpose of altering the visuals.
All ENBSeries default shader effects in easy accessible and injectable .fxh files
Entirely new effects, compared to what is available in the default ENBSeries shader files
Currently only effects for enbeffect.fx, enbbloom.fx and effect.txt

EFFECT LIST
  • ENBSeries Game Color-Correction effect, also known as APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION
  • ENBSeries Post-Process methods, v1, v2, v3, v4
  • ENB Adaptation
  • ENB Bloom
  • ENB Lens
  • ENB Depth of Field
  • Nexstac Dynamic Color Processing
  • Reinhard Tone mapping, with local adaptation
  • Filmic ALU Tone mapping, with local adaptation
  • Uncharted 2D Tone mapping, with local adaptation
  • Improved Tone mapping
  • Depth based adaptation and bloom
  • Local Contrast
  • Local Saturation
  • Sepia Tone
  • ENBSeries Procedural Color-Correction
  • Control of Shadows and Highlights
  • SweetFX Vibrance and Saturation controls
  • 3D LUT
  • SweetFX Split Screen control
  • Clip Mode, to display over and underexposed colors
  • Multiple helper functions such as XYZ, Yxy, HSV, HSL color space conversion, Average/perceived luminance calculations.
  • And more to come...

HOW TO INJECT EFFECTS

This only applies for Fallout 4 MSL

Activate/add effects by removing the two // in front of a #define at the top of the file.
Also applies to the ones with numbers.

Code: Select all

#define ACTIVATE_ADAPTDEPTH
#define ACTIVATE_BLOOMDEPTH
//#define ACTIVATE_BLOOMCTRL
#define ACTIVATE_AGCC					1	/// 1, 2. Choose one of the given numbers to change AGCC method
//#define ACTIVATE_ENPP				2	/// 1, 2, 3, 4. Choose one of the given numbers to change Post process version
#define ACTIVATE_TONEMAP				4	/// 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Choose one of the given numbers to change Tonemap method
//#define ACTIVATE_LOCCONTRAST
#define ACTIVATE_LOCSATURATION
//#define ACTIVATE_SEPIA
//#define ACTIVATE_PCC				1	/// 1, 2. Choose one of the given numbers to change Procedural Color Correction method
//#define ACTIVATE_PALETTE					/// I'm not even sure why I added this, worst post-process among this bunch, better to use 3DLUT instead of this then.
//#define ACTIVATE_3DLUT

*master*

Re: Modular Shader Library for ENBSeries - FO4

Can I ask why there are some of those sections that say that they aren't active as of v.286?? Is that just that you haven't gotten that far? or is there a technical limitation stopping them from being enabled yet? I'm trying to learn how to do all this, so I'm scouring everything that I can read trying to learn. I would love to pick your brain a little. I've been reading all of your helper things from Skyrim, and that helps a lot.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Will this work with Skyrim?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ibbanez
Yes and no, for some there where technical limitations as the effects required wasn't made available by Boris yet, others I haven't converted to FO4 shader standards.

evok99
No, use MSL for Skyrim.

Thank you JawZ

I have added this to my ENB I am working on. I am new to ENB but not new to game coding and modding.

I will be working with this.

Do you see any issues here with the latest release 0289?

I noticed you edited 2 FX files, are they still OK to use?

Earth is the toughest school (game) of them all - Delores Cannon

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have no issues with 0.289.

Uh-k, what do you mean? Why wouldn't they be??

--JawZ-- wrote:I have no issues with 0.289.

Uh-k, what do you mean? Why wouldn't they be??
I was just checking, I am new to ENB. Still learning the in's and out's of ENB.

I am using this Modular Library and having some fun playing around. Thought I would check in... all good.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok, I saw your post on download pages, seems you aren't short of imagination at least and having a background in coding is a good thing to have, the learning curve is minimized a lot thanks to that.

Glad you find the content fun to play around with. Updating it with TOD Factors now, and since Boris has enabled alpha channels once more, I've made the Local Operators use that channel instead of the xyz channel's.

--JawZ-- wrote:Ok, I saw your post on download pages, seems you aren't short of imagination at least and having a background in coding is a good thing to have, the learning curve is minimized a lot thanks to that.

Glad you find the content fun to play around with. Updating it with TOD Factors now, and since Boris has enabled alpha channels once more, I've made the Local Operators use that channel instead of the xyz channel's.
Looking forward to the update :!: