[DX9 and DX11] Reforged Bloom

share shaders here
  • Author

[DX9 and DX11] Reforged Bloom

This is my bloom which I've been working on for a while. The main version is the DX11 version for Fallout 4 / Skyrim: SE, but there's a DX9 version with most of the same functionality too.
It's made to be very user-customizable, at its most verbose the settings look like this:

But at its most minimal it looks like this:

It offers 3 different techniques for making bloom, two typical gaussian based ones similar to prod80's bloom and a minimalist one based on a progressive upsampling/downsampling method from a presentation about the rendering in CoD:AW.
It's made using my UI macros so the parameters can be switched from single to dni to time of day etc very easily however you want.

No color correction, just bloom tinting:

Installation:
Rename the enbbloom_DX9.fx or enbbloom_DX11.fx file to enbbloom.fx depending on which version you intend to use and delete the other, then copy all the files to your ENB root directory (where the original enbbloom.fx is located) and overwrite any files if asked.
If you want to use the lens dirt feature you need to source your own lens dirt texture to use and put it in the same folder as enbbloom.fx, then set LENS_DIRT_TEXTURE to the name of your image.

The DX9 version works the same as the "Gaussian2" technique in the DX11 version.
Attachments
Reforged Bloom 1.01.zip
Added "Discard OOB Samples" option which fixes overbright bloom near edges of screen.
(23.29 KiB) Downloaded 1720 times
Last edited by SandvichDISH on 05 Dec 2018, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Re: [DX9 and DX11] Reforged Bloom

I made a (DX11 only) "Lite" version that streamlines the whole shader to just the essentials using the Gaussian2 technique.

Nice for those who don't care for all the bells and whistles of the main shader (myself included), and may give a small fps boost.

Instead of separate use texture checkmarks, texture weights, and texture tints, there are just texture multipliers which can do all of those things anyway.
To disable a texture, just set the multiplier to {0,0,0}, to adjust the weight of a texture just adjust lightness, and otherwise just use them as per-texture tints. The result of the multipliers is always normalized, so if you disable / change the weight of a texture it will always remain energy-preserving, and the normalization creates some unique possibilities for tints (as it does in the main shader as well):

Full TOD-based parameters available for the multipliers and threshold too. Just go into the enbbloom.fx file and check out the multiparameter options section.
Oh, and during the gaussian filtering it also discards out of bounds pixels now instead of clamping, which solves the issue of bloom flaring up and being too bright when it reaches the edges of the screen. I'm updating the main shader to include this option too.
Attachments
Reforged Bloom Lite.zip
(13.52 KiB) Downloaded 1140 times

I haven't posted here since 2012. Recently reinstalled SLE to see how I could make it look with new hardware.

Anyway, I just wanted to acknowledge your great work here; kudos.

It looks nice

Sorry for the stupid question, but I cant get bloom tints to show up in the UI for the lite version. Any idea how to enable this feature?

Edit: Nevermind im silly and missed out the first part of the shader with the editables.

@Flamerapter
Texture Tints weren't actually supposed to be disabled by default in my upload, so that is my mistake. If anybody else is confused by this, make sure to uncomment the USE_TEXTURE_MULTIPLIERS line near the top of the enbbloom.fx file.

I'm getting errors where it isn't recognizing some ID's (or whatever you call them in HLSL). In the light version, it says it doesn't recognize anything with "UI" in front of it. Tested, and it says it doesn't recognized: "UI_SEPARATOR_CUSTOM", "UI_MESSAGE", "UI_WHITESPACE", and "UI_INT". I'm sure there would be more if I kept testing it.

I'm using the latest Skyrim SE ENB binaries.

That probably means that the "Reforged" folder isn't in the right place. The "Reforged" folder should be in the same location as the enbbloom.fx file.

Skyrim LE problem

check rerverse tonemappig option

is it for getting hdr value to apply bloom correctly?
donno why those bugs are happened.

and one more thing,
can you make histogram based adaptation on skyrim LE?
cause I don't like vanilla adapatation at all.

what I want to do is not calculate overall screen brightness.
regardless small part of screen is extremely bright, I want to check overall screen's brightness.
I want to ignore small bright part if others are not that bright.

This doesn't seem to do anything for me on SSE. Do I need a specific enb binary version?