[HLSL CODE] 3D LUT

share shaders here
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [HLSL CODE] 3D LUT

It won't work the way it's set.
At the end of your LUT function, you set " color.rgb = lerp( lerp( CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Night), CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Day), ENightDayFactor), CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Int), EInteriorFactor); " but "color" is not declared yet. This line comes at the end of the post process you're using if you want it exclusive to this specific post-process, f.e. for POST PROCESS 3, put that line just before the " #endif ", this way:

#if (POSTPROCESS==3)

grayadaptation=max(grayadaptation, 0.0);
grayadaptation=min(grayadaptation, 50.0);
color.xyz=color.xyz/(grayadaptation*EAdaptationMaxV3+EAdaptationMinV3);//*tempF1.x

float lumamax=EToneMappingOversaturationV3;
color.xyz=(color.xyz * (1.0 + color.xyz/lumamax))/(color.xyz + EToneMappingCurveV3);

color.rgb = lerp( lerp( CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Night), CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Day), ENightDayFactor), CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Int), EInteriorFactor); // <- PUT THIS LINE HERE

#endif

If you want it whatever the post-process being used, just set it before (or after) the palette code, this way:

....... previous code here

color.rgb = lerp( lerp( CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Night), CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Day), ENightDayFactor), CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Int), EInteriorFactor); // <- PUT THIS LINE HERE

//pallete texture (0.082+ version feature)
#ifdef E_CC_PALETTE
color.rgb=saturate(color.rgb);
float3 brightness=Adaptation.xyz;//tex2D(_s4, 0.5);//adaptation luminance

etc, etc.... In this case, LUT is applied before palette, if you use both at the same time (not adviced much).

Now if you want to activate / deactivate on the fly via GUI, you have to create a boolean before this line :

if (USE_LUT) color.rgb = lerp( lerp( CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Night), CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Day), ENightDayFactor), CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Int), EInteriorFactor);

Then replicate this boolean into your UI, at the beginning of your file :

bool USE_LUT <string UIName="LUTS - Enable"; > = {true};
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

Thanks for your answer Oyama! Just saw it)
I tryed to do what you wrote here, but it dosent work for me(

First I deleted the line:
color.rgb = lerp( lerp( CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Night), CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Day), ENightDayFactor), CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Int), EInteriorFactor);
at the end of LUT Function section.

Then I add it at the end of POSTPROCESS 2 that I use, with:
if (USE_LUT) color.rgb = lerp( lerp( CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Night), CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Day), ENightDayFactor), CLutFunc(color.rgb, SamplerLUT_Int), EInteriorFactor);

An after that added:
bool "USE_LUT <string UIName="LUTS - Enable"; > = {true};
for UI at the internal parametrs section.

What Iam doing wrong? Can you help me again please)
Actually I dont need palette, it just there from original enb. Can be replaced with 3dlut, its far more powerfull.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

has to be

bool USE_LUT <string UIName="LUTS - Enable"; > = {true};

Not

bool "USE_LUT <string UIName="LUTS - Enable"; > = {true};

You added an unnecessary " before USE_LUT
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

Sorry its my mistake in the message here, but in file its correct. In game it doesnt work and after edits I lose controls of the POSTPROCESS section(
What might be wrong here?

Dato_N wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 22:09 Sorry its my mistake in the message here, but in file its correct. In game it doesnt work and after edits I lose controls of the POSTPROCESS section(
upload your file to pastebin.

markimoo0714 wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 11:58
Dato_N wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 22:09 Sorry its my mistake in the message here, but in file its correct. In game it doesnt work and after edits I lose controls of the POSTPROCESS section(
upload your file to pastebin.
Hi, thank you)
But can you give a link to file?
Pastebin search dont work right now(
Or you can upload the file on my google drive folder, the link from before. It would be great)

@Dato_N Sorry if I didn't make my self clear, what I mean is, you upload the file that you're editing and we'll try to edit it for you.
You can try to use pastebin for that.

markimoo0714 wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 15:35 @Dato_N Sorry if I didn't make my self clear, what I mean is, you upload the file that you're editing and we'll try to edit it for you.
You can try to use pastebin for that.
Ok, here is a link:
https://pastebin.com/CpqY9Tyz
I only created LUT texture helper and LUT function sections. Need a UI section but dont know how to add this.
I want a switch in UI to activate/deactivate a lut, and then use 3 separate 3dluts images for DNI in 1024^32 size: LUT_Day, LUT_Night, LUT_Int. (png format)
Dont need palette texture, this code can be replaced by 3dlut.

Here, didn't test it because I don't have dx9 games.
https://pastebin.com/19MtxRMZ

edit: fixed typo

markimoo0714 wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 08:33 Here, didn't test it because I don't have dx9 games.
https://pastebin.com/19MtxRMZ

edit: fixed typo
Thank you
I test your file and it didnt work as it should be(
Changes dont take effect and Iost control of brightness, saturation and other settings in enbeffect file