AntTweakbar related question & Compilation related question

share shaders here
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: AntTweakbar related question & Compilation related quest

number6,
Just plain & simple global variable with gui annotations.

Code: Select all

int INDEX <
	string UIName="PS INDEX";
	string UIWidget="spinner";
	int UIMax=4;
	int UIMin=0;
> = {1};
Found it on some stackflow post, not sure if there is any side effect though.

*master*

Thanks, that's a great technique there ;) So for Prod80's original issue with branching code this seems like a pretty good solution. I would guess the main downsides this this would be:
- compile time for the multiple shaders in the pass
- code might need to be rewritten to have minimal duplication between the shaders
- replacing multiple either or gui annotations with a single integer is a less than ideal user experience

Prod80 said:
Using Techniques section isn't good for this purpose... I'll try and fiddle a bit more.
Prod80, can you explain more why this wouldn't work for what you are trying? Thanks.

*sensei*

Prod80 said:
Using Techniques section isn't good for this purpose... I'll try and fiddle a bit more.
Prod80, can you explain more why this wouldn't work for what you are trying? Thanks.
Because it's effect ... would results in many different techniques to compile different parts of shader for different effect combinations. Anyway I solved the branching issue with recoding the entire effect in a more efficient way (4 if statements, but no branch compared to old 6 if statements and 9 branches)