[SKYRIM] Modular Shader Library, updated to V5

share shaders here
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [HLSL CODE] Modular Shader Library, updated to V2

Is there really a dungeon flag available for shaders??
or is it possible to make a .esp mod to draw colors at screen corners as additional flag?? or even write to alpha channel??

off topic here, but since you guys are here:
Is it possible to add a transparent object with some crazy specular map on water surface to get the local reflection working on water??

*sensei*

I believe the current method is to have JawZs custom image spaces which contain values like 1.00001 for image space brightness for certain types of interiors and 1.0 for others.
Then you can use those values to create conditional settings for dungeons and housing respectively.
You can do it in other ways i guess but they all require an .esp to function.

Not sure about the water thing, since that is in the realm of landscape meshes which I have never played with.
Only way I can think of would be to create a mesh with those properties and then use the CK to apply them manually all over
But that is ofc. rather time consuming. Does sound cool if it can be done though.

*sensei*

--JawZ-- wrote:Well until I have come up with the function I want, this works just fine;

Code: Select all

lerp(lerp(NIGHTEXT, DAYEXT, ENightDayFactor), lerp(INTERIOR, DUNGEON, inReg.z == 1.000001), EInteriorFactor);
And as for as I can see, the end results between this and your example is similar.
Except that inReg.z==1.000001 is an if statement executed in each function. Maybe better to execute once at beginning of shader and pass result to remaining functions like this;

float dungeon=0;
if(inReg.z==1.000001) dungeon=1;

Code: Select all

lerp(lerp(NIGHTEXT, DAYEXT, ENightDayFactor), lerp(INTERIOR, DUNGEON, dungeon), EInteriorFactor);
Also due to FP precision problems could use
if(inReg.z>1.0000009 && inReg.z<1.0000011)

it may also be an idea to consolidate the lerps to cut down on calculation steps... ie when you have day, night, interior, dungeon in a single function containing 4 variables set in GUI or where ever;

lerp(lerp(float4(var1_n, var2_n, var3_n, var4_n), float4(var1_d, var2_d, var3_d, var4_d), ENightDayFactor), lerp(float4(var1_i, var2_i, var3_i, var4_i), float4(var1_dun, var2_dun, var3_dun, var4_dun), dungeon), EInteriorFactor);

Ok, it's long. But long code isn't necessarily bad ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [HLSL CODE] Modular Shader Library, updated to V5

kingeric1992;
What Aiyen said, I use "hack" values to applied to dungeons and interiors.

prod80;
I did implement the alterations to the dungeon factors you mentioned. Though I haven't noticed any issues that would require me to widen the range of the value to look for.
Well it's a pain in the ass to write to all controls for one :P But yeah I see it's value in terms of optimization.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Updated with the Shader Library files, see change log for alterations made to it.

CeaRes

Just answering here to the topic from the nexus, sorry but the nexus dont let me post the pics for compare at the discussion-thread, so please excuse my answer here, it's important to clear my POV....

Thanks for your hints and explainations, just to explain my position / thinking please compare:

Image with Image

or

Image with Image

while i've nothing changed at the textures + meshes and their properties, the materials look different, also in dependence of the skin shading / subsurfacescattering of the skin, which also differs in both different configs, believe me it's hard to find an ENB-Preset which handles them (skin and fabric) well together in the same config, what doesnt mean those ENB-Presets are wrong, nothing at all, most ENB-Configs are pieces of art, each has it's very own mood, impressive artistic language, but for now i would stay by my mix of Zoners-highperf-ENB and CR-ENB-Realistic - i'll do some finetuning, and will stay there for texture / fabric developement - but i cant promise, that my retexes / cloth mods will look the same under other ENB-Presets, please understand that i cant test all ENB-presets and develop the cloths so that they look good under all circumstances, this is impossible.

Anyway i'll follow your project, keep up the good work. LG Ceares.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You're welcome CeaRes :)

Nice clothes, and yeah I see the possibility of it needing some fine tuning for each preset to look it's best with certain aspects of those clothes. But is a ridiculous amount of added work. Better to run with a short list, like you already seem to have, of your preferred ENB presets and configure the textures and meshes based on those. It's after all your mod ;)

And you do the same.