SweetFX lens flare

share shaders here
  • Author
*sensei*

SweetFX lens flare

Hey all!

Does anyone know if there's a lens flare shader available for SweetFX?
I mean it doesn't need to sample bloom to create a flare right? All it takes is a brightness trigger, am I right?
Currently I'm only playing dx11 games and SweetFX is the only post process option out there.

Thanks in advance! :)
CGI ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: SweetFX lens flare

Well I made some lensflares but since sweetfx doesn't support mipmapping I have no possibility to blur the very sharp and rough flare. But now ReShade is upcoming, a generic injector for DX8, 9, 10, 11 and OpenGL which even has depth buffer support. Wait until it is open beta which should be soon and then you'll have your flares :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

how about applying 1d Gaussian on brightpass in same direction repeatedly to get a wide kernal, than another 1d guassian perpendicular to it, the result would be a wide 2d guassian.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ReShade? What's that? Another lie about depth buffer access (especially for dx8 and especially generic) is just newbie fairytailes or the way to attract users by foolish them (as everybody do now, unfortunately).

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:ReShade? What's that? Another lie about depth buffer access (especially for dx8 and especially generic) is just newbie fairytailes or the way to attract users by foolish them (as everybody do now, unfortunately).
It's just a translation of DX8 to DX9 so people can use SFX on DX8 games. Some info here
http://forum.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p= ... count=1714

Doesn't have depth buffer access, SFX doesn't have depth buffer access to anything.

ReShade is an ongoing injector that will eventually replace whatever SweetFX is using right now (injectSMAA i believe).
This DX8 > DX9 wrapper is just an alpha-poc stuff, not really the final project.

Seems very promising actually.
And I also trust CJ and Crosire, so is not a scam or something.

Here some info about it:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p ... count=1881

I can't say anything for depth buffer access though.
I understand very little about it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You guys are definitely off topic here.

@Insomnia
you don't need downsampled texture( i.e. bloom texture), a brightpass + guassian can do the trick.
If multipass is unsupported, just do brightpass and a wide 2d guassian in single pass( not performance friendly)
don't know how to add new pass in SweetFX, so no actual codes here.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

As said above, Mipmapping is to be implemented (works actually but not yet on DX9) and I made some lensflares so...wait for open beta. Multipass is also supported, overall the features for own shaders are vast, way more than ENB is offering. And Depth Buffer for every game is neither a fairy tale nor lies, it actually works on many games I tested. Some online games like WoW seem to have either a protection or ReShade doesn't detect it correctly but in the majority of games, it works fine. Of course, as non-generic solution, ENB still is best.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm very pessimistic regarding depth buffer access. The way i did it in pre 0.076 mods via drawing objects twice - very cpu performance costly and only fit to old games. Using vendor hack to replace depth buffer - too many fails in depth data, because impossible to separate properly what to not draw to depth, as depth is global (also this method do not work with some games, especially modern). Both methods extremely buggy even for depth of field effect (again, except for prehistoric games, which are too simple).

*sensei*

Thanks for all the replies guys!
Hmmm ReShade looks promising! Given some time with it it might even replace SweetFX. Thanks for putting up a link!
CGI ENB