enbbloom.fx for SKYRIM ENB 254+

share shaders here
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: enbbloom.fx for SKYRIM ENB 254+

You can basically add on the same place where it is now... I left all saturation control in the postpass, but tinting happens in tex1 pass. I just tested with current setup of the file on my ENB and desaturated color in enbeffect, then slammed a fully saturated bloom on top and tweaked saturation a bit further down in enbeffect again... should work.

I may consider going that road again too... at least for interiors. Color blending in general is a bit nicer when done with bloom... and a bit less of a pain to setup. Slapping 2 differently saturated layers on top of each other kinda makes stuff look wack at times. Just need crazy amounts of sharpening to pull it together again.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

True.
Sharpening, but the right one... Overall post-sharpen does wonders.
Also, a carefully balanced and decreased tonemapping curve can be a key to dryness and clearly defined things.
But you already know this ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

Updated file to latest build

Changes;
-Changed the way textures are scaled inside to file, now only compressing size on first pass of Prepass and using texture resolution for everything else
-Changed how Gaussian offsets are being applied to give smoother result
-Texture filtering in PostPass to upscale lower resolution textures to final output resolution of enbbloom.fx (512x512)
-Added noise to fight off any last remains of banding

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You man are a godsend.
;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

Hello!

First of all I am an gigantic noob when it comes to ENB, but still I have decided to make my own, and I really really like your bloom! Looks amazing.

Now my trouble of getting it working is making me clueless. I copied your files (enbbloom.fx & enbbloom.fx.ini) to my skyrim folder and the ini to my enbseries folder and let both overwrite their respective files.

Now I am fairly sure that the editing of enbeffect.fx is where I fail, as after I edit it my game wont load.

Am I doing something wrong here? I've tried different combinations of commenting, but I just can't get it to work.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You have commented out lines which read input image. I strongly advise to install NVidia FXComposer 2.0 and test shaders in there, just modify and compile.

ENBSeries wrote:You have commented out lines which read input image. I strongly advise to install NVidia FXComposer 2.0 and test shaders in there, just modify and compile.
Nice, thank you =) Tried out FX composer, and I seem to get a X3004: Undeclared identifier "color" error.

*sensei*

For the sake of posterity, I managed to get this working with NLA's enbeffect.fx I'll detail what I did, and why. As a side note, the only "programming" I do is a bit of Pascal for use with TES5Edit, so I'm by no means any good with code.

This are the original lines:

Code: Select all

r1=tex2D(_s0, _v0.xy); //color

//apply bloom
	float4	xcolorbloom=tex2D(_s3, _v0.xy);

xcolorbloom.xyz=xcolorbloom-r1;
	xcolorbloom.xyz=max(xcolorbloom, 0.0);
	r1.xyz+=xcolorbloom*EBloomAmount;
This is what I changed it to:

r1=tex2D(_s0, _v0.xy); //color

//apply bloom

//Begin New Bloom - FiftyTifty
	//float4	xcolorbloom=tex2D(_s3, _v0.xy);

//xcolorbloom.xyz=xcolorbloom-r1;
	//xcolorbloom.xyz=max(xcolorbloom, 0.0);
	float3 xcolorbloom = tex2D(_s3, _v0.xy).xyz;
	r1.xyz += ( xcolorbloom.xyz * EBloomAmount );
	//r1.xyz += ( xcolorbloom*EBloomAmount );
	//End New Bloom - FiftyTifty
I changed "color.xyz" to "r1.xyz" as the variable "r1" is where the color data is stored. I assumed as such, due to the first line having the "//color" comment.

We don't need the float4 (which should have been a float3 because there are only 3 values being stored; _s3, _v0.x and v0.y), as that is covered by the float3 xColorbloom. Take note at how similar the two lines of code are.

We also don't need the xcolorbloom.xyz lines, as that is handled by the color.xyz line (which we changed to r1.xyz).

The last r1.xyz line was made redundant by our change to color.xyz.

So yeah, that was agonizingly fun. Didn't think it would take me just 20 minutes to figure it out. Still haven't got a clue what the code is doing, but eh. I'll live.

*sensei*

I reaaaally want this for Fallout 4 as it looks absolutely fabulous, so I tried to port it. The issues so far have just been the change in capitalization of internal variables.

But, uh, how do I port these samplers to Fallout 4's new format?

sampler2D SamplerDepth = sampler_state
{
	Texture   = <texDepth>;
	MinFilter = POINT;
	MagFilter = POINT;
	MipFilter = NONE;
	AddressU  = Clamp;
	AddressV  = Clamp;
	SRGBTexture=FALSE;
	MaxMipLevel=0;
	MipMapLodBias=0;
};

sampler2D SamplerBloom1 = sampler_state
{
    Texture   = <texBloom1>;
	MinFilter = LINEAR;
	MagFilter = LINEAR;
	MipFilter = NONE;//NONE;
	AddressU  = Clamp;
	AddressV  = Clamp;
	SRGBTexture=FALSE;
	MaxMipLevel=0;
	MipMapLodBias=0;
};

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

texDepth is TextureDepth in Fallout 4. texBloom1 if i remember is TextureDownsampled. For depth you should use Sampler0, for bloom Sampler1.