[HLSL CODE] Dawn/Dusk independent effect

share shaders here
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [HLSL CODE] Sunrise/Sunset Separation

kingeric1992;

No matter the TOD setting the RS value is applied between TOD Factor Night/Day 0.00000001 and TOD Factor Sunrise/Sunset 0.99999999 along with the ND value.
When it hits TOD Sunrise/Sunset Factor value 1.0 it only applies the DN value and neglects the RS value.

All I'm trying to say is that it does not function as a Sunset or Sunrise Factor.
The way it functions now is more like a Dawn and Dusk Factor more than a Sunset and Sunrise Factor.

prod80;

I don't know if the ENightDayFactor is tied to the TIMEOFDAY but I do know that ENBSeries uses the Sun position with the help of the enbhelper.dll plugin to determine the hour of the day.
And at 7.5 and 18.5 game time is when the sun is positioned at absolute/full/highest, or whatever you want to call it, Sunset and Sunrise.

*sensei*

Jawz;

Dunno either, assuming it sorta is, but I think it only tells when to switch one side to the other in which duration of time. I don't think it actually matters what value Day or Night has, only values for sunrise/set and duration.

Anyway, I just changed code a bit, should be working fine now to do interpolation between a set of 4 variables in exterior.

Makes GUI controls and whatnot that much more bigger though. And I think best used with detector old version where it doesn't make quick switches between 0...1. Anyway that piece of code will coordinate those switches in similar fashion. Not sure how other enbseries.ini variables for sunrise/set events are tied in and or affected by such change.

I haven't tested. At this point don't have interested in testing it ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--JawZ--

I know, that is what I intended, so that the Sunrise/Sunset values wont interpolate with DN values and mass everything up.
Sorry I didn't clear that up... I thought Dawn/Dusk = Sunrise/Sunset....

What I want with this is that for example I can set some red tint effect at dawn & dusk while maintaining normal color during daytime.

actually, with the new timeofday parameter, it is possible to do what enbseries.ini does with sunrise/sunset or any time specific value. just lerp those values and it is good to go.

prod80

I still think it use Sun position to tell what time it is, and use TOD settings to determine interpolation weight.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Prod80;

Precisely, it's a very noticeable shift in colors before during and after Sunrise and Sunset. Have a look in the Creation Kit or in game.

I can understand that ;)

kingeric1992;
Ah ok. When reading the title being a factor for Sunrise/Sunset I naturally assumed it would reach it's peak intensity at Sunrise and Sunset and not gradually increase during Dawn and Dusk.
No Dawn and Dusk are the event/time in between Night/Day and Sunrise/Sunset.

I can see the value of simple "addition" effects during those times, no need to add duplicated effects perhaps but some sort of enhancer for that specific time.

Do you mean with the new WeatherAndTime Factor? I haven't gotten around to installing the latest version yet, working on my Local tonemapping operator currently, trying to make it as a "stand alone" effect compared to how it is setup in my released files.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

yes, with the WeatherAndTime Factor, .w component I believe.

nice work with local tonemapping, I wouldn't bother to make it standalone though. You can just consider it as base effect, and other minor effect can be add on to it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I will see what I can cook up with later on and see if it's worth it.

Thanks, it's mostly for personal use to be able to control it a bit more individually, that and the local contrast as well.