[FO4] Magic ENB

share shaders here
  • Author

[FO4] Magic ENB

Hi, I've been messing around with ENB for a bit, this is the outcome.

My objective is to present something that is realistic, not stylish, while maintaining reasonably good performance. I also like to keep the code as simple as possible.
This is a work-in-progress and there's lots of room for improvement.

I've posted my work here (more description): https://github.com/luluco250/MagicENBFallout4

It currently features ACES filmic tonemapping (ala Unreal 4), very "contrasty" adaptation, my own bloom solution (derived from my work on bloom shaders for ReShade) with high quality blurring, a WIP SMAA implementation (I prefer to keep ReShade out of ENB presets) and several post-processing features, like brightness, contrast, saturation and temperature controls, vignette, chromatic aberration and film grain.

The most developed part is the bloom effect.

Feel free to take parts from my shaders, just give credit if you do.
Unless otherwise stated, this is all MIT-licensed.

I'd love some feedback, if possible.
Also, if I forget to credit something, do let me know, I often forget though I prefer doing most things from scratch.

Here are some screenshots (sorry for the huge size):

Re: [FO4] Magic ENB

Wow I'm stupid, I forgot to include the "enbseries" folder in the repository. Sorry about that, it's updated now.

Dunno if anyone here cares, but I've made some improvements.

Each bloom texture is now blended using normal distribution (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution).
I have done major improvements to the SMAA implementation, the code is a bit cleaner and it's catching most edges.
I've also added some basic support for lens dirt, though nothing too spectacular, I'm not a particular fan of the effect anyway.
Tweaked the lighting, SSAO/IL and other stuff as well.
One important change was to have adaptation only limited/clamped when in exteriors, as I found that not clamping it in interiors resulted in more realistic adaptation.

Next step might be actual depth of field.
The github repository is updated now.

Notice how the edges are smoothed, it's not perfect right now, but hopefully it can be better tweaked.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I started playing with the original version over the weekend. It has some really nice moments to it. Will grab a copy of the updated version to try as well.

While I know enough to get around ENB presets I am not a coder though so I have to somewhat use what is made.

Note I switched out the DOF to one by Marty McFly that I have become rather addicted to and use almost exclusively for FO.

Any idea if the features in enbpostpass can be applied to SSE? Specifically interested in your SMAA implementation and normal distribution bloom blending.

Also, what are the advantages of implementing SMAA in the DOF shader instead of postpass?

Postpass.fx always works with SSE ;) but you need the right folders too because of the #include statements

This is great and even though it ate some of my fps it actually keeps it more stable than without these effects, thanks a lot.

Btw any chance of adding lumasharpening? (i hate to use reshade just for that)