Ultimate Shader Addon for ENB (effect.txt)

share shaders here
  • Author

Version 1.1 (30.07.2014)

DESCRIPTION:
This is a set of post-processing effects combined in one effect.txt file for use with ENB presets (You need to choose one you like and install it first).
All effects included in this addon can be enabled/customized/disabled via ENB in-game menu (SHIFT+ENTER by default).

INCLUDES:
1. Kinematic Filter — Controls the brightness of highlights and blackness of shadows (works like Black Levels)
  • Exterior-Interior/Day-Night separated Brightness and Noise Mix Curve parameters in ENB in-game menu
  • Switchable via ENB in-game menu Kinematic Blackness feature
2. LumaSharpen — High quality sharpening method (Similar to Unsharp Mask in Photoshop)
  • Automatic resolution detection
  • Day-Night-Interior separated Strength and Clamp parameters in ENB in-game menu
  • Adjustable Offset Bias via ENB in-game menu
3. Blurring — Blurs the image by one of two methods to make it smoother and softer
  • 2 different blurring methods: standard and horizontal blur (can be switched via ENB in-game menu)
4. Sharpening — Sharps the image by one of two methods to make it more detailed
  • Day-Night-Interior separated Sharpening Amount parameter in ENB in-game menu
  • 2 different sharpening methods: by color and by gray (can be switched via ENB in-game menu)
5. Color Shift — Makes the image looks like it captured by digital camera (works like chromatic aberration but simpler and faster)
  • Shift direction depending on Shift Range parameter value (positive or negative)
6. Contrast — Controls the difference between objects brightness
  • Exterior-Interior/Day-Night separated parameters in ENB in-game menu
  • Can be increased or decreased depending on the values (positive or negative)
7. Vibrance — Controls the intensity of image colour vibrance
  • Exterior-Interior/Day-Night separated parameters in ENB in-game menu
  • Can be increased or decreased depending on the values (positive or negative)
8. Vignette — Darkens the edges of the image to make it look like it was shot with a camera lens
  • Day-Night-Interior separated Amount, Curve and Radius parameters in ENB in-game menu
  • Adjustable vignette color via ENB in-game menu
9. Noise — Adds random dot pattern to the image to simulate film grain effect
  • Day-Night-Interior separated Grain Intensity parameter in ENB in-game menu
  • Noise Grain can be black and white or colored depending on Grain Saturation parameter value (0 or positive)
  • Noise Grain can be static or dynamic depending on Grain Motion parameter value (0 or positive)
10. Dithering — Simulates more colors than your monitor can display and lessens banding artifacts
  • Adjustable Dithering Grid Size via ENB in-game menu
11. Border — Makes the screenedge black as a workaround for the bright edge that forcing some anti-aliasing modes sometimes causes
  • Adjustable Border Width (in pixels) via ENB in-game menu
12. Letterbox — Adds cinematic black bars to the top and bottom of the screen
  • Adjustable Letterbox Size (in % of screen size) via ENB in-game menu
  • Can be used with Temporal Anti-Aliasing (TXAA) without issues
13. Splitscreen — Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode
  • Adjustable Splitscreen Position (in % of screen size) via ENB in-game menu
  • Invert Splitscreen option in ENB in-game menu
ATTENTION!
All this effects can be enabled/disabled by clicking on their titles in [EFFECT.TXT] section of ENB in-game menu (SHIFT+ENTER by default).
By default enabled only LumaSharpen, Sharpening (by Color), Noise (with Grain Motion) and Dithering.
Also all effects can be enabled/disabled directly in effect.txt file by changing their defines to 1/0.
If disable effect by changing its define to 0, then all parameters of this effect will disappear from ENB in-game menu.

REQUIREMENTS:
1. ENBSeries binary (d3d9.dll) version 0.217 and above
2. ENB preset

INSTALLATION:
1. Delete effect.txt.ini config file from enbseries folder (if this file exist)
2. Copy this effect.txt file into your game folder where d3d9.dll is located (overwrite if asked)
3. Start the game
4. Open ENB GUI by pressing SHIFT+ENTER (by default) while in-game, open [EFFECT.TXT] section and change the effects values to your own taste
5. Click on "Save configuration" button to save your settings

PERMISSIONS (FOR ENB PRESETS AUTHORS):
If you want to use Ultimate Shader Addon in your ENB preset you don't need to ask me about it. Feel free for use it and publish anywhere.
Just don't forget to credit all authors of all included effects to show respect for their work.

CREDITS:
Based on Post-Process Effects Addon for ENB by ZeroKing
Initial D-N-I separation code and GUI implementation by --JawZ--
Kinematic Filter code (formerly known as Old Black-White TV Filter) originally by Boris Vorontsov
Kinematic Filter code tweaked by Trillville, Midhras, Kyokushinoyama, Insomnia
LumaSharpen code by CeeJay.dk, ported from SweetFX by ZeroKing, tweaked by prod80
Blur, Sharpening, Color Shift, Vignette code by Boris Vorontsov
Contrast and Vibrance code by CeeJay.dk, ported from SweetFX by ZeroKing
Noise code by MTichenor/IndigoNeko
Dithering, Border, Splitscreen code by CeeJay.dk, ported from SweetFX by Marty McFly
Letterbox code by Matso

Combined, edited, tweaked and arranged by Miratheus

DOWNLOAD:
effect.txt
version 1.1 with updated credits and minor edits to the file layout
(42.42 KiB) Downloaded 7742 times
Last edited by Miratheus on 30 Jul 2014, 13:48, edited 6 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Ultimate Shader Addon for ENB (effect.txt)

Fantastic! I remember coming across and effect file that allowed the control of black and white levels. Can you add that?

Hi, evok99. Most likely you mean Post-Process Effects Addon for ENB by ZeroKing. My addon is based on it, but I removed the Black and White Levels because Kinematic Filter (effect which I added from K ENB by Kyokushinoyama) works similar. So it's actually already there.
Last edited by Miratheus on 26 Jul 2014, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thank you for the quick response. How does yours compare to Marty McFlys?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3193&hilit=master

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey, great work!
You can combine some stuff that needs to tex2D like vibrance or contrast into one pass, so you don't reach the limit of 8 passes so quickly. Also make sure you have the right order, for example chromatic abberation or lens distord or DOF screw up things like letterbox bars if they are calculated afterwards. I've seen presets with letterbox in enbeffect.fx and DOF in effect.txt. Unwise, DOF will blur the letterbox bars.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Marty McFly wrote:Hey, great work!
You can combine some stuff that needs to tex2D like vibrance or contrast into one pass, so you don't reach the limit of 8 passes so quickly. Also make sure you have the right order, for example chromatic abberation or lens distord or DOF screw up things like letterbox bars if they are calculated afterwards. I've seen presets with letterbox in enbeffect.fx and DOF in effect.txt. Unwise, DOF will blur the letterbox bars.
Can you combine this with your effect file? To make a super master effect file? lol

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Actually - no, sorry. I can add the missing features to ME 1.4 for sure - it's better this way because ME has much more features than this [yet] and this here has only a few ones that don't exist in ME. I can add no GUI variables though because I want it to be compatible to old generic ENB versions. This needs approval of Miratheus though. There are a few additional things I can also add from ME 2.0 which is only for SA version.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Marty McFly wrote:Actually - no, sorry. I can add the missing features to ME 1.4 for sure - it's better this way because ME has much more features than this [yet] and this here has only a few ones that don't exist in ME. I can add no GUI variables though because I want it to be compatible to old generic ENB versions. This needs approval of Miratheus though. There are a few additional things I can also add from ME 2.0 which is only for SA version.
Would it be too much to ask of you to make an alternate fully GUI compatible version? I have no idea how much work this would take.

Where is the ME 2.0 version? How does it differ from the 1.4 version? Can it be used with Skyrim?

What does SA only mean?

What is in this (Ultimate Shader Addon) that is missing from yours?

Thank you so much :)

Marty McFly's MasterEffect is a really impressive huge shader suite with a lot of effects included and it's a great initiative to combine them all in one addon. But unfortunately I found some of this effects not working with latest versions of ENB for Skyrim or for some reason not working correctly. He created MasterEffect mainly for games that supported only by generic ENB's with only effect.txt shader included, that's why he included DOF, Bloom and stuff like that. So some of this effects included in ME will be useless for games like Skyrim because ENB's for this games have a full set of shaders: enbbloom.fx, enbeffect.fx, enbeffectprepass.fx (DOF), etc. Also in MasterEffect not implemented GUI feature for included effects (because of compatibility with old generic ENB versions), so you can't change effects values or enable/disable this effects while in game and you need to do it manualy in config file.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Miratheus wrote:Marty McFly's MasterEffect is a really impressive huge shader suite with a lot of effects included and it's a great initiative to combine them all in one addon. But unfortunately I found some of this effects not working with latest versions of ENB for Skyrim or for some reason not working correctly. He created MasterEffect mainly for games that supported only by generic ENB's with only effect.txt shader included, that's why he included DOF, Bloom and stuff like that. So some of this effects included in ME will be useless for games like Skyrim because ENB's for this games have a full set of shaders: enbbloom.fx, enbeffect.fx, enbeffectprepass.fx (DOF), etc. Also in MasterEffect not implemented GUI feature for included effects (because of compatibility with old generic ENB versions), so you can't change effects values or enable/disable this effects while in game and you need to do it manualy in config file.

That makes sense. Do you think this is the "final" version of your Ultimate Shader Addon or do you forsee adding more features?