DOF extra & ALF effect 3/13 2015

share shaders here
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: DOF extra & ALF effect 10/26 update

due to the beta nature of 10/26 update, following artifacts had been noted.
  • red tint around focused area
  • bleeding around focused area with Highlight setting too high
  • increased overall brightness

I'll tried to fix them in future update, please leave comments and make the dof even more awesome.

Please include the "more flares" effect into the future update ;)
And maybe..., more aperture shapes like the previous one?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Really? more shape? but I've only remove triangle & square, or you mean the custom shaped one? I can add custom shape support, I suppose.

And about flare, just let me concentrate on dof for now.

Yeah, the triangle and the square shape still make the screenshots come vivid with some certain atmosphere touches; and yeah, customizable shapes would be greaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
No hurry about flares, take your time ;)

Best Dof-Shader i tried so far.

Thanks for sharing it with us

*sensei*

kingeric1992 wrote:@prod
Feel like sharing some technicolor codes ?

found http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/3 ... r-by-year/ & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HxtDjpsHGU
and came up with this, should be the same process in the vid.

Code: Select all

snip
Doesn't looks impressing though, probably because my skyrim is too grey-tone.
Still notice some color change, greener grass or so.

edit: never mind, just saw your update.
The Technicolor process I used is somewhere near to that video... however when also applying to green channel I got too red faces due to SSS adding red to skin. So I left original green and messed a bit with it. It also really depends on how the ENB is setup because if image is already desaturated than of course Technicolor itself wont fix it... it needs to be fed by an already saturated input or it loses it's value.

My ENB is also not saturated (too much) but still visible clearly... do pretty miss that I can't (fully) apply it to green channel, that would make grass nice and green but faces way too red. Can disable SSS and all comes to normal but I think SSS benefit is too important over more saturated reds/blues

No Technicolor
Default Render - For reference (Technicolor disabled) by prod80_, on Flickr

3 Strip (or say 2 strip + green channel :P)
Technicolor 3 Strip by prod80_, on Flickr

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

*update 10/29 :
fix leaking caused by highlighting, fix red tint around focused object, fix increased brightness, fix transverse CA, remove GUI AF sample Range
Last edited by kingeric1992 on 29 Oct 2014, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@prod

I thought skin tone in old films do have some level of red/yellow tint, does it looks anywhere near that when green enable?

*sensei*

Re: DOF extra & ALF effect 10/29 update

I love the new DOF and ALF shaders, simply one of the best that I've come across in a while. Keep up the great work! :)

If it's not too much trouble for you, would you be able to add a 3rd ALF? I tried to add it myself, but it wasn't showing in-game even though everything seemed correct codewise. I'm baffled lol. Basically, I want two skinny flares that are in a X formation with one thick flare going vertically. Much thanks in advance!

*sensei*

kingeric1992 wrote:@prod

I thought skin tone in old films do have some level of red/yellow tint, does it looks anywhere near that when green enable?
No, Skyrim lighting ( with or without ENB ) and ENB SSS mess too much with skin tones. The skin rendering in the game isn't good/natural enough. I tried different variations to coop with skin tones and keep the green channel, but none of them gave better results than just keeping original green, so I kept that.

I tried variations by using HSL color space to filter out the channels. Gave a bit more natural results but hit FPS a lot more... in the end it was just best to filter out the colors using subtractive processes, then recombine them. In any case you can never recreate true Technicolor using digital methods... one can only approximate it.

However if you disable SSS and put Technicolor green channel in it does work acceptable, but then you don't have SSS.