DOF extra & ALF effect 3/13 2015

share shaders here
  • Author
*master*

Re: enbeffectprepass.fx extra GUI & enblens.fx ALF effect

Oops, my mistake, I confused myself. For what I was doing it gets put into 0-1 range elsewhere using specific code I didn't share, I wasn't thinking straight. It would be greater than 1 when the dot product is less than one, though. You wouldn't actually need a between 0-1 result if you use a pow function on your ALF, but don't know what's going on elsewhere in your code. You could try this along with my other code, if you play around with the value.

Code: Select all

return pow(c, BrightnessThreshold);
But I don't know exactly what you are wanting the average luminance for still.

If I get what you are trying to do, isn't that unnecessary for a properly configured ENB? If the preset is set up right, then things will have their proper intensities set and everything that should trigger ALF will do so with pixel luminance. If not, leaving the choice to an algorithm is not gonna solve it really, unless you always want something triggering ALF. If you are switching to a "dark scene threshold" anyway, then that's mostly a more convoluted way of having only bright things trigger it, which is what pixel luminance does but without the need to sample and with a smoother curve than what you currently have I think. Especially if you are going to be skipping pixels for your samples, that may not work so well as I understand it. I think there is a way to gain performance for what you are doing by downsampling your texture before fetching the average, though. Maybe this page has info about 1/3 of the way down? http://content.gpwiki.org/D3DBook:High- ... _Rendering

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Kermles, you are probably right about different ENB presets. I suppose their is no need to bother adding some complex function trying to make it adjust itself when everything that matters can be set nice and easy by proper preset...

I already had the DNI controls in the lens file I uploaded, it should work accordingly.

anyway, I'm gonna drop this adaptive ALF and move on to something else, probably try this later when I have more experience in HLSL coding.

Again, thanks for the replies, you guys are the best.

Another thing, the lens.fx got 32 downloads but no one is telling me how it looks on your PC, at least tell me if it works or not.
It's my first shader, some encouragements would be nice... :D

*master*

There are some posts on the skyrim gallery of people trying it out and sharing screens, it definitely works. Good job, and thanks for sharing it! For a first foray into HLSL you sure impressed me :o

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I've tried the DoF shader a little bit now and it works great the little I've tested it so far. I get similar "feeling" as when I work with my DSLR camera which is nice that it reminds me of such an operation to some extent.

For a first shader file it's a big thumbs up from me ;)
I haven't had time to get around and testing the lens shader yet though, I have just run through the settings without configuring anything specifically.

A shot with your DoF in action from me;
enb 2014_06_28 01_53_39_32 by anders.wedin, on Flickr

*sensei*

Nice pic Jawz!

As for the DoF I love it!! Great resource! Added a timer on the grain so its "dynamic". Gonna add some more stuff too but this is awesome! :)

Edit: Sorry about not letting you know about the lens shader. :( Totally forgot!
Well it works good. Sucks up a lot of my FPS though. But it is cool. :)
Last edited by Insomnia on 29 Jun 2014, 04:52, edited 1 time in total.
CGI ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

great work! i'm using it with K ENB at the mo' turned everything up to extreme. got these dynamic flare effects which i like very much as evidence in my latest vid

Flickr Gallery

Good evening, blessing from the other forum for your awesome fx files:D
Glad to see your enbeffectprepass fx and enblens fx file working very fine in the morning when I tried to tweak them.
Keep up the great work, and hope to see more effects from your fx files.
:)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@--JawZ--
I was thinking about DSLR when I modified the file, just switching to manual focus alone is making me feel like a pro.

@Insomnia
Thanks. I will see if there is any space to improve performance.

@Ohkey
The vid is great, perfect match with the music and those shiny armors.
I think the flare that running around is actually masto's code, mine is those stick to the bright spot.

@abc75179778300
Good to see you here. :D

Thanks everyone, I'm gonna try to make more unrealistic shaders.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

kingeric1992

Great, great work ! Thanx for sharing this.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

kingeric1992;

Manual Focus with Tilt shift = magic shots ;)
I never liked the auto focus feature of a game DoF as the way I see it DoF is only meant for screenarchery, and with this shader it makes it very easy to get accustomed to the operations of all settings. Espescially if you are used to cameras.
During gameplay, DoF just get's in the way for me. The only time I would think DoF would work in gameplay is if the focus point was somehow decided by the viewers pupil direction. Either by some sort of Oculus implementation or "Kinect" implementation, the first options that comes to mind.