share shaders here
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: DOF extra & ALF effect 7/9 update

MORE FLARE!!
haven't tried to tweak color. 8-)

*sensei*

abc75179778300 wrote:Looks really like the bokeh effect taken from Canon's D series.
Bokeh isn't made by the camera, it's made by the lens. So, no it does not. Canon lenses generally have 6 aperture blades so technically that bokeh shape can never be produced by them. Also bokeh created by a shader will never look like what comes out of a real lens, not now, not in 5 years. Maybe later we will have the computational power to render light which is indistinguishable from the real thing.

I does look good though, so I am looking forward to pull it apart. PS - more flares? prepass with flares, lens with flares, bloom with flares. All I need is effect.txt with flares and I have a flaretet, maybe I should add some anamorphic sharpening :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It wouldn't need that long for what I can tell.
Blur in thin lens model is caused by single point in space spreads into a disk, which is doable in post process, whether by rendering sprite per pixel like Lost Planet & Crysis, or by checking if central point is overlap by blurdisk of sample point like what I'm trying to do and in COD Advanced Warfare. Still testing how to properly blend colors from each sample point though.

On the other hand, the method in GP's DOF is to gather, which cause artifacts when blurdisk change suddenly.

And about flares, ALF should really be done along with bloom, utilizing the multitextures. Haven't test it, but just think of ALF as one dimensional blur with screen wide kernal and brightpass.

*sensei*

bloom is the only right place for ALF, was thinking about it, then realized I cannot fit a brightpass into my current bloom shader because it starts with a brightness which makes it rather difficult if pass another brightpass at the end of shader, results would be very off. I don't want to take away brightpass at start of shader because I don't like it when pixels that shouldn't bloom become part of the bloom coloring, which happens when you don't kick off with a bright pass. So I kinda dropped the idea for now.

Got a working 3 strip Technicolor effect now though, so that's nice (not released yet). Getting rid of SFX lousy implementation of Technicolor that doesn't look at all like the real deal (neither does mine because that's impossible/computationally incredibly difficult, but it is a LOT closer)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: DOF extra & ALF effect 10/26 update

*update 10/26 :
update enbprepass.fx , add quality setting, add optical vignette, fix tilt shift func, add tilt shift axis, remove polygon triangle & square, add axial & trans chromatic aberration, add AF cursor, replace brightpass with natural highlight

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Prod

not at the end of bloom, but along with. add additional 1D offset in BloomPass, so that it will also go through those downscale and brightpass process.

*sensei*

ooo nice, prepass toys :)

@king
I'm not familiar with that... will investigate how exactly that is done, but I am not a fan of flares (I have it included but I disable it a lot of times)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@prod
Feel like sharing some technicolor codes ?

found http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/3 ... r-by-year/ & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HxtDjpsHGU
and came up with this, should be the same process in the vid.

Code: Select all

if (use_technicolor==true)
		{
			float3 techcol = color.rgb;
			float techamount		= lerp( lerp( techamountN, techamountD, ENightDayFactor ), techamountI, EInteriorFactor );
			float lum = dot( color.xyz, float3( 0.333, 0.333, 0.333 ));

techcol.r *= (1 - abs(color.g - lum))* (1 - abs(color.b - lum));
			techcol.g *= (1 - abs(color.r - lum))* (1 - abs(color.b - lum));
			techcol.b *= (1 - abs(color.r - lum))* (1 - abs(color.g - lum));

color.xyz				= lerp( color.xyz, techcol, techamount );
		}
Doesn't looks impressing though, probably because my skyrim is too grey-tone.
Still notice some color change, greener grass or so.

edit: never mind, just saw your update.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

prod
kingeric

You guys are geniuses.
Thanx for all your hard work. ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

^^^This!
CGI ENB