Kabloom! GUI bloom control rev3, now in header file

share shaders here
  • Author
*master*

Kabloom! GUI bloom control rev3, now in header file

KABLOOM!

This is a shader I wrote (with help) to control the appearance and distribution of bloom. It it uses a series of photoshop-style levels adjustments, then a brightness/contrast/saturation modifier, then a nonlinear brightness reduction to provide control over where bloom is applied and how much there is. It also allows you to control the color balance and choose from 8 different blend modes (at this time), each with a different way of applying the bloom to the scene. It is all configurable via the GUI, and the effect can be toggled from there as well. It has no effect on performance as far as I could tell, and should be compatible with any other bloom shaders or other effects. It can be integrated into an existing file pretty easily now, there are just a couple lines to copy and paste and that's it, no other editing or disabling anything. It should work with any existing preset, once configured.

Gallery with screens of some random settings:
http://imgur.com/a/C5ETk/all

Color can be changed easily as well, forgot to include screens of that.

I have packaged it into a header file to save space and eliminate conflicts in existing enbeffect.fx files. I have also included a barebones Skyrim enbeffect.fx that uses the header file. The zip file contents can be pasted straight into your skyrim directory to test it, or if you don't mind a basic enbeffect.fx file other than bloom.
Kabloom.zip
Contains header file and Skyrim enbeffect.fx for testing/demonstration
(7.11 KiB) Downloaded 773 times
To use the header file with your existing enbeffect.fx (from any game that uses one, not just skyrim), there are just two small parts you need to copy and paste into your current file.
Then you also copy the folder called "Header" into your game directory that contains your enbeffect.fx file. That's it!

I have highlighted the code that needs to be copied in the included enbeffect.fx file with some code comments and they explain where to put them (basically in the same place you find them). It will run along side any other blooms, although I am not sure how many people need that, however mine uses all its own controls and is not affected by the EBloomAmount variable in enbseries.ini anymore so it will not be affected in any way by their settings. There should be no conflicts with anyone's file but if there are or something isn't right please let me know.

This has not been tested much with the non-stock enbbloom.fx yet or with a lens effect active yet, however it could still give a good result.

This should not necessarily be considered a final version, but it should work very well for getting a variety of different styles of bloom. If it doesn't seem to be working right please let me know. I appreciate any other feedback you can give as well. My next plans are to move this into a new enbbloom.fx for some additional effects and better quality, however I will keep the header file available at that time (which is a ways off).

Big thanks to prod80 for his help on improving this, and to everyone else who's given feedback.

If you are interested in reuploading it I licensed it under CC BY-SA, so do whatever you want with it so long as credit is given to the proper contributors and people can still share my code or your version of it (other parts of a preset such as the enbeffect file itself instead of the header are still fine to not share or plaster with credits of course, it's just my header or the code inside). I thought since it's really self contained that this would be appropriate. Sharing is caring! File would not have been made otherwise, nor would your version! Thanks! If you have a specific request to do something with my code that can't use the license, let me know!

Hope you enjoy the file! Let me know if you need any help! Thanks!
Last edited by Kermles on 19 Jun 2014, 17:30, edited 36 times in total.

*master*

Re: Simple bloom control code for use in enbeffect.fx, GUI r

Some screens :mrgreen:

2 minutes tweaking 5 variables = 7 styles of bloom! Fancy that math! :lol:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Edit: screens don't reflect current version's possibilities, however these looks are still achievable
Last edited by Kermles on 15 Jun 2014, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I love it when people do stuff like this. Maying new enbeffect files for people to use. Thank you! Have you done this for Skyrim?

*master*

Well, I am only showing it on Dark Souls 2 because that's all I have installed at the moment, but it should work exactly the same on any ENB version with GUI support, including skyrim. If you drop it into a skyrim enbeffect.fx, there shouldn't be any problems. It could be made to work without GUI as well, all it relies on is a bloom texture. Let me know if you need help adding it to a file.

*sensei*

Looks great! Like evok99 said its really great when people are making new shaders to plop into their existing effect files. When time is given to me Ill implement this into my effect file.
Thank you!
CGI ENB

*sensei*

Hehe nice to see you back at it kermles! :D

Also thanks for sharing! Always lovely with more goodies!

*master*

Aiyen, old friend, it's good to be back! I think by now you know what you're doing much better than me though! :lol:
Thanks for the encouragement Insomnia and Evok, I am pretty outclassed here of course and I just did it for myself quickly one day, but if someone else can get some use out of it then I'm a happy camper. If anyone ends up using it, I would appreciate any feedback you might have.

*master*

Posted slight update. Now has hopefully more accurate color weighting, occasional hue shift problem with high values should be minimized, added a post-brightness-grading intensity adjustment for use with lerp blend modes, reworked a couple blend modes a bit for better results and added a selector variable at the top of the code, cleaned up code a bit, added better comments. Done with it unless there are bug reports or something.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

K rules ! :D
Porting this to my PPK right now !
Thanx a TON.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*master*

Aha, hey Oyama! Nice to see so many familiar names still around!

If I made it into that file of yours, then I can now die without regrets :lol: I hope it works well for you.