[0.076+] MasterEffect effect.txt shader suite (download)

share shaders here
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

[0.076+] MasterEffect effect.txt shader suite (download)

Hello,

it's been a while that this got released, though it seems that it's still unknown to most of the people, so I'm creating a topic here, blatantly copying prod80's headline template.

What is this? MasterEffect is project of mine which is running for a while now, the idea was born when I combined a bunch of effect.txt effects for a friend of mine because in the GTASA ENB community I seem to be one of very few people with some shader coding skills. Since old generic ENB's only have the effect.txt shader supported, MasterEffect is effect,txt only and it began as singlepass project, after 0.076 I switched to multipass.

Basically, it's a combination of all shaders for effect.txt and everything else I know, most are not my work, some are altered/improved, a few are completely new. You can use it with every ENB version above 0.076, SA, generic etc, even Skyrim. If you wonder why I included DOF and tonemappers into the shader, remember that 0.076 has only effect.txt support, no fancy enbeffectprepass.fx etc, also no GUI support due to same reasons.
Oh and if you wonder why the folder's called "Only for 0.076" - that was because back then a buggy ENB came out this shader shouldn't be used on.

Features:

- Noise grain
- Splitscreen (disables all effects for screen half)
- Colorbooster
- Sepia
- Sharpen
- Bloom (experimental, looks bad)
- FXAA
- Colorable Vignette
- 3 different DOF versions (GP, Matso, Blender DOF)
- Godrays (rotate around screen center, wasn't possible from sun)
- 6 Skyrim tonemappers
- TV Levels
- Color Washout
- Vibrance
- DKT70 HDR
- Filmicpass
- Crossprocess
- Mood Color
- Finaladjuster
- Dither
- Chromatic Abberation
- Lenz
- Matso's anamorphic flare
- Border
- Letterbox Vignette

For better editing I've put all control values into an own ini file that looks similiar to enbseries.ini file so even beginners should come along with it.
You'll also find complete credit info in own text file, I'm quite sure everybody's mentioned, if not, contact me.

Enough text, here's the download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?soj0evx2z4dvpci

PS: To all coders out there: I know, code's messy but at least, it works, more or less. Have a good laugh looking into it.

Well, that is it.
If you're gonna use it in your own ENB's, please don't forget the credits. If not crediting me, credit the original authors of the code snippets.

Have fun with it!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [0.076+] MasterEffect effect.txt shader suite (download)

You know, what would really help to sell this is screenshots of combinations of these effects in action ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Most of the effects are already known, and I don't have time to do this. I released this on request, not because I want many downloads.

*sensei*

Marty

Thanks for upload! Used your master effect when I modded Assassins Creed 1. Some effects didnt work properly but overall it was great! Sorry about your stuff has been overlooked by many.
CGI ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah well, all effects were implemented and tested on GTASA, so for example DOF won't work if generic ENB can't access depth buffer in a certain game. Tonemappers/color graders should work fine though. I'd like to join Skyrim, though competition is huge, same goes for enbseries.ini which is 10x bigger than SA one, I'm used to control 90% of the ENB in shader and not in ini file.

But I've got MasterEffect 2.0 running for SA only, because Boris recently released his (not bug-free) 0.248 which has enbeffect.fx and all that stuff so ME 2 is huge, enbeffect with over 300kb for example. Working on own DOF shader at the moment, which will hopefully turn out well. At this point, it works with pre-made possions but I hope to create an offset-generator soon, if I find time. Maybe I could port that stuff from ME 2 to Skyrim, too? I found Kermles' Postprocessing Suite which seems to be something like my stuff but ME 2 is twice as big as Kermles' work.

*master*

Hiya! I was checking up on ENB and saw you found some use for some stuff I did, pleasant surprise! Looking at the file, I see you copied the v6 tonemapping and adjustment code over, but I think they might benefit from some slight edits if you wanna use them. I made that file around a year ago, and I didn't do a lot of stuff right. I think if you are gonna use that code, the shadow/highlight control should be removed along with a couple other useless variables, and the adjustment code I think was found to be faulty in some way. I found a better implementation for the contrast control, and apparently the linear conversion is nonsense because ENB does that behind the scenes or something. My file was a little ambitious for my level of understanding I think.

I've gone ahead and made some edits in case that's something you'd want, didn't touch anything but my code. Working on Dark Souls 2, various bugs are gone now from those effects. Left them enabled for testing. Still needs values tweaked for different games/configs, of course. Hope that's useful. Lemme know if there's any problems if you end up using the edited file. Cheers, and nice work on this massive shader collection!
Attachments
enbseries_mastereffect.zip
Fixed APPS code
(13.59 KiB) Downloaded 344 times

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey that's great, will have a look at it, thank you!

Sorry to bump an old thread but I have a problem related to the Master Effect and i don't think creating a new one would be a good idea.

I have a few questions to ask.
- The first one is How to set the dof ? I think I've probably tried each and every possible settings in vain. It ends up with the same result a blurry screen.
- Which file I sets the DOF ? mastereffect.ini ? effect.txt ? because it seems that DOF can also be set in the effect.txt file.

Thx to anyone coming up with a response !

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If DOF only blurs whole screen, depth recognition of ENB dll is not working. Generic ENB can apply almost alwaya color adjustments but depth access is more complex so it will not work on all engines. And if the d3d9.dll cannot find the depth buffee, it passes incorrect data to the effect.txt which can't do magic.

Additionally, it seems like the old enb dlls and generic suffer from one problem: if no effect is enabled in the enbseries.ini which needs depth (SSAO, waterdeepness, DOF) the dll just skips the depth thing so even with engines where the dll can find the depth buffer properly, one of the above effects (most likely ssao) is needed in order to have depth based effect.txt shaders to function.

And you only edit the ini file. Basically it is loaded per include instruction into the effect.txt where the shadercode is. I splitted the configuration part and the main shadercode by intention because stupid GTASA users kept messing up the source code.

OK thx, I think I get it.