"Filmic Tone mapping" HDR possible in (Skyrim) ENB?

share shaders here
  • Author
*master*

Re: "Filmic Tone mapping" HDR possible in (Skyrim) ENB?

*sensei*

Well, he posts that you can use shader files with his launcher... so you have to check if there are .fx, .h, .hlsl files in his files, what is the structure and how can stuff be added. Code should be same/similar as what I already posted.

Edit: your profile seems to supress highlights too much, see the sun, lost its intensity... not sure if you enabled tonemapping what sweetfx has now... which is basically an adjusted screen blend function and not tonemapping.

This just looks really odd to me

Code: Select all

float3 lumCoeff = float3(0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722);
float lum = dot(lumCoeff, color.rgb);

float3 blend = lum.rrr; //dont use float3

float L = saturate( 10.0 * (lum - 0.45) ); <<<<------ especially this line freaks me out

float3 result1 = 2.0f * color.rgb * blend;
float3 result2 = 1.0f - 2.0f * (1.0f - blend) * (1.0f - color.rgb);

float3 newColor = lerp(result1, result2, L);

*master*

Yeah it is still a work in progress I have actually crafted 3 different presets..
Also when you are playing the game, the suns intensity ends up looking more like white wash all over the screen.. That particular preset is very darkening I agree, could be my monitor settings that are throwing me off...

I am still toying with it, really wish I could just use ENB for effects..