Intel CMAA

share shaders here
  • Author

Intel CMAA

There is an article about a new AA method called CMAA (Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing) here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/article ... asing-cmaa
It seems very desirable for any ENB setup.
There is a link in the article providing shaders. Sadly I have no idea how to implement them, but maybe someone who knows what he is doing is willing to give this a try.

Regards,

Spock

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Intel CMAA

Currently taking a look at it, but better implementing it from Boris's side, if he ever finds it interesting...
Dunno.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

Dunno, looks nice, costs little performance... but when article already says that SMAA is better at lower quality settings (so never mind about Ultra) I doubt its interesting. Why re-invent the wheel when you have a "rounder" wheel available? CMAA seems aimed at integrated GPUs.

Well, SMAA also costs more frame time. CMAA is an effect that is between SMAA and FXAA in performance cost and AA strength.

The upside is that this effect has less of the problems with image quality other post processing AA methods have (probably with the exception of Boris' TAA).

*sensei*

Has anyone tried implementing this into ENB or SweetFX??
CGI ENB

*sensei*

Bump.

Is it possible to add CMAA to SweetFX? I really need better AA for Alien Isolation.
CGI ENB

*sensei*

Use SuperSampling? If its for the screenshots... SRWE would do. That's same process as FSAA... double resolution height/width, 4x performance hit though.

*sensei*

Im currently playing it at 1440p (both my rig and my monitor cant handle more). With ingame SMAA, SweetFX SMAA and FXAA, the aliasing still really bother me. The game uses Deffered Rendering so hardware AA is not possible. And it's made for AMD so TXAA wont happen either.

AA is something that's being discussed quite frequently on the AI forum. But perhaps another AA will just blur the shit out of the edges without actually fix the jaggies.
CGI ENB