Help: A question about DOF in Skyrim

share shaders here
  • Author

Help: A question about DOF in Skyrim

Greetings, I'm trying to improve my DOF effect in skyrim.
I'm using Fast DOF, and these are my settings right now:

// Fast Depth of Field settings.
float fFastApertureScale = 0.10; // Controls image blur scale (the bigger value, the stronger blur). Default: 0.12.
float fFastApertureCutoff = 1.0; // Controls the smoothness of the DoF (bigger value results in wider depth of field). Default: 1.0.
float fFastApertureBias = 0.0; // Controls the distance not taken into account in DoF. Default: 0.0
float fFastApertureMaxBlur = 12.0; // Controls the maximum amount of blur that can be applied. Default: 20.0
float fFastApertureMaxFocus = 3.0; // Controls the maximum focus distance in meters for fast DoF. Default: 3.0.
float fFastBokehCurve = 2.0; // Controls bokeh curve. The larger the value, the more visible the bokeh effect is. Default: 3.0.
float fFastBokehLight = 1.5; // Controls overall brightness of bokeh blurred areas. Default: 1.1.

// Focus System settings.
float fFocusSystemLOD = 1.0; // Controls the mipmapping LOD of radial focus detection. Currently useless.
float fFocusSystemMin = 0.0; // Controls the minumum focus distance in meters. Default: 0.5.
float fFocusSystemMax = 20.0; // Controls the maximum focus distance in meters. Default: 20.0.
float fFocusSystemBias = 0.0; // Controls an offset to the focus distance in meters. Default: 1.0.
float fFocusSystemMult = 1.0; // Controls a multiplier to the focus distance. Default: 0.0.

I like more or less how it is now, BUT the thing I want is to REMOVE THE BLUR EFFECT IN MY HANDS AND WEAPONS IN FIRST PERSON VIEW.

I have trying setting fFastApertureBias to 0.1 or so, but then the overall dof effect is much less strong. If I set this, then the horizon loses its blur, and the DOF distance is much less.

I have tried fFastApertureCutoff too, but I can't manage a strong dof effect, with blurred horizon and overall blurred screen while I'm blocking with my shield. (This is amazing!)

Any suggestions?
thanks
Cooler Master HAF-X Case
Windows 7 64b