Skyrim SSE Water for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SSE Water for ENB

Yes, I tested this with both versions and didn't spot at least any obvious issues.

In case the slowdown occurs in specific places only it's most likely caused by normal blending since it's a pretty taxing process.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I didnt download the mod, but if there are issues with performance where parallax is enabled, good way to improve this by compressing images to 8 bit per pixel format. Compression produce artifacts which easy to fix by making blur in most sharpy places or even by upscaling image to keep details (but this trick for dxt format, i don't know about dx11 compression formats if they have exactly the same thing).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

BC 7 (intel texture plugin) has 8bpp with better(less artefacts) compression for the rgb channel. Parallax in the alpha section looks the same though. Afaik.

*master*

BTW will this require an ENB then I take it to work properly? Dumb question I know.

Just created an account to thank you for this amazing mod ^^ I've been using RW2 for so long and had so many problems and water seams with it so I decided to give this a go and omg its beautifull and it even fixed my water seams somehow thank you so much <3 One thing I noticed during my bashed patch was that I got this message:

Water for ENB.esp:
Wrye Bash SSE expects a newer format for WATR.DNAM than found.
Load and save Water for ENB.esp with the Skyrim SE CK
WATR.DNAM: Expected size == 232, but got: 228
Error loading 'WATR' record and/or subrecord: 000261EA
eid = u'dunSleepingTreeCampWater'
subrecord = 'DNAM'
subrecord size = 228
file pos = 1788
Error in Water for ENB.esp

Idk what any of this means but everythings works fine it saying I should save the plugin in CK but I think it would make some things worse no? Anyway thanks for the mod ^^

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That's odd, but maybe it's just because the plugin was not once saved with CK so that's what I did now. Please let me know if it works.

And thanks, glad to hear you like the mod.

Soulmancer
I never tested and since the textures were created for ENB displacement, my guess is that water will look weird. The waterfalls should in theory work but lighting might be off.

The texture assets are saved in BC7 with fine compression, it's pretty nice and efficient for a 8bit format. Using lower resolution (2k for 4k version, 1k for 2k version) blend maps also seemed to help.

Looks good with Cathedral Weathers. Will DLC waters be added? Noticed they were missing when I poked at this in xedit to check compatibility.

https://imgur.com/a/pbSYrrf
Using Silent Horizon ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Good catch, forgot myself but the DLC waters are something I still need to add. Also the creeks are missing.

That's a good looking setup, by the way. By the looks of it I need to check up with that weather mod as well, the edge of the water is looking funky and definitely not as I envisioned.

Could be the combo of CW and supreme/volumetric fog doing it, yes. I'll do some more testing tonight and see.

Modlist: https://modwat.ch/u/kjSage/plugins

mindflux wrote:Thanks. Tried to repro again but still no luck. For you, is it happening everywhere? I guess you haven't found a setting that would affect?

If you lower the brightness via ENB, does the image look more or less as it should?
I don't think any settings will affect the white underwater issue I posted here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6480&p=86191#p86191

I set brightness through enbseries.ini to 0.1 and the underwater is still bright while everything around is dark as expected per Brightness=0.1 setting.
https://i.imgur.com/ayggv8H.png
I also play with other setting which did not affect the bright underwater in any way.

My graphic card is probably incompatible with ENBWaters/ENB regarding underwater settings. This is what was on invoice for my PC - GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5X (Pascal).

My testing load order:
Active Mod Files:
[spoiler][xml]
00 Skyrim.esm
01 Update.esm
02 Dawnguard.esm
03 Hearthfires.esm
04 Dragonborn.esm
05 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [Version 4.1.8a]
06 LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm
07 SkyUI_SE.esp
08 RaceMenu.esp