Skyrim SSE Water for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim SSE Water for ENB

mindflux wrote: 11 Jul 2023, 05:46 Alright, just realized you're using VR version. In that case I don't think that's a missing texture after all but some sort of an issue with the reflection possibly, I think some other users reported a similar thing.

Alas, I don't have a VR set so don't think there's much I can do.
Also, since ill switch off shades of Skyrim, will it break my save? played for hours yesterday and didnt have any issues.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, it won't break your save data but it will add some bloat into it. If you're not adding and removing mods that add persistent records on a daily basis I doubt it will be an issue.

And thanks, great to hear you appreciate my work. I have been meaning to get a VR set but the good ones are pretty expensive and I'm not sure how much use I would have for it at the end.

Id say get a quest 2, ive had like 5 different sets, its easily the best value for the small price. Quest 3 will be out in the fall so you could grab a 2 for like $200 probably.

Hi,

I've managed to sort out load order and all related things, and the LOD has the right texture. But it seems there is a mismatch in water current speed between LOD and close-up. This makes seams that should be be obvious, well, very obvious. The SSE engine fix option doesn't seem to fix this at all.

Is there any way to reset the flow speed to the default game flow speed? As I understand Water for ENB does modify this. I assume somewhere in the SSEEdit but I don't know what'll do.

Or is there an other way to handle this?

Let me know if you need / want more info, happy to provide what's needed.

Thanks in advance, and great mod!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, great to hear you found my mod to your liking.

As for flow speed, that can be indeed modified but not with SSE Engine Fixes, it refers to a different type of flow using flow maps.

I will check it out and see what can be done but isn't the real problem that the water flow direction for lod water is wrong? That's why I didn't care much about matching the flow speed because the direction is frequently wrong.

It looks reasonable to me.

I can see if I can post some GIF or a small video to illustrate the flow speed and direction when I am back from work. In the meantime, what steps do you recommend to play with the LOD flow direction? I am pretty sure the load order is correct and I even ran the script fix to ensure all other mods don't overwrite the ESP. Is there anything else that could have an impact?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The sad truth is that the whole Tamriel worldspace can only have one animation direction and speed for lod water so it's impossible to make it match the high detailed water, you can "fix" it to make match in one location but in the next location it will be wrong.

I couldn't find a way to make a GIF but here's a picture from above Solitude.

The currents are well-aligned, I checked it thoroughly. Essentially this seam is more / less obvious depending on ENB presets but the differential in current speed makes it way more obvious overall.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Which water color/type is that?

You mean dark or default from the FOMOD?

This is default. It may look a bit dark but that’s because I played with the ENB settings to see what does what. It’s a lot brighter on the Falkreath lake for instance depending on the weather reflection.

Let me know if that’s not the info you were after.