[Skyrim/FO4] enb script extender

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [Skyrim/FO4] enb script extender

Where is time stamp? How?

*sensei*

I think Kingeric meant: Have an internal timer, and save the time whenever the game updates the matrix. Then do the regular

Code: Select all

current frame matrix - prev frame matrix
and then multiply that by

Code: Select all

current frame time stamp - prev frame time stamp
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

yeah, I meant to put a timer somewhere. but as stated,
Enbseries wrote: As soon as i do not read from game memory time which game use as current frame time to compute elapsed time and trying to make own computation....
you already has the timer?

Or perhaps tap into update routine and place your own timer there ( or push game time to where you needed)? that is what I did on making the flycam control fps independent.

and the enbseries mod timer? is it not good for the task?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

MaxG3D
To capture time on matrix change i should start another thread to capture time or in almost every d3d call read again data from game calling one function, it's not very good for performance.

kingeric1992
I know where gtasa game timer is located because this game dissasembled many years ago with lot of details. No idea where is it in Skyrim/Fallout4.
Mod timer is independent, not synced to game one and that's why issues occur. Game measure how much time passed from last update and save this elapsed time, based on it moves all dynamic objects, compute physics, draw results on the screen. But i can measure time elapsed between frames only from rendering thread, for example before calling Present or after it (when frame usually starts), but in fact these fames do not compute it there.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah I know, but it's only delta time, is it not enough ?
I mean, if the time between update and when it is rendered isn't vary that much throughout frames.

Question though, why do we need the time term in non-per-object screen space motion blur?
To my understanding, motion blur is to extrapolate the data between frames, and traveling path alone should be enough for the case right? And same as how exposure time works in camera, at low fps, or longer exposure time, the trail seen in the motion blur should be longer then at high fps under same camera movement.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Time between update and rendering do matters and it's huge enough to produce very annoying bugs. In Skyrim and F4 rendering is done in another thread via already prepared data, so things even worse.
Time is required because motion blur only between frames is dependent from fps, it's barely noticable for 40+fps, but when you play with low fps it looks much more stunning and do matters to increase cinematic look, so it must be linked to fake around 25 fps trail at any frame rate. Check my long exposure mode in enblocal.ini for old Skyrim, it do not depend from frame rate. To get rid of precise time and make constant length of trail only possible if motion blur is based on blending current and previous frames, then time factor will be transformed to blending factor to autocompute amount of mixing for some length of trail, but such motion blur produce artifacts when fps is low even if you try to use it together with blurring cycle by velocity vector.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Forgot to say, that length of frames can be very different because of how driver handle rendering with prerendered frames, only using "waitforbusyrender=true" helps to make frames almost same length, but not in Bethesda games, as they do not draw the same amount of objects every frame. I can't show how this looks like on video, it's bother to make, just believe me, if you have 60fps, it can be 300 fps for one frame and 30 for next after it.

*sensei*

I don't know if it's of any help, but maybe you heard of Skyrim Reloaded? It's basically a spirital successor of OBGE and MGE, it uses native rendering pipeline of the game and it does have motion blur shader. It is open source (you just have to register on their page and you can download it here: http://www.tesreloaded.com/thread/125/sources), so maybe you can take a look at it and perhaps find a way to read the frame time?

EDIT: Granted, it's the old DX9 skyrim, but still, I'm grasping on any idea that could help you get the motion blur working in F4 :lol:
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I haven't found there anything about time.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You said a new thread for capturing time every time the matrix changes is slow. What about capturing it every 2 3 5 10 frames, is this faster? It'll make the motion blur lag a bit but not noticeably long?