[Skyrim/SSE/AE/FO4] FreeFlyCam plugins

general download section
  • Author

Re: [Skyrim/SSE/FO4] FreeFlyCam plugins

Thank you support the invert Y option! :P
But found the other problem.
When reset the rotation of the camera, also changes camera position.
And, resetting at third person camera will return to the first person camera.
can you fix the camera orientation?

I don't know if it just happens to me, but I have a problem, after using the the camera, I cantt use the pipboy, is just blocked the view, even after having changed the the keycodes.... I dont know if I explain me good... :? :roll:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

wonkonuba
Indeed, I'll need some time to figure that out.

remon
I could add a separate reset for angle and position.
And I'll look into the problem you've mentioned on the reset.

Do you (or anyone) still have version 2.0? Its the only one that worked without bugs for me. Thanks.
Last edited by NC19 on 12 Mar 2017, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, but you can just let me know what the problem is.

Well (im not 100% sure the next bugs are because this mod, but i didn't change anything since i used v.2), i have such problems as:
When i type tfc in the console, it doesn't work, you can see that for a moment the free cam is toggled, but as soon as you exit the console, the camera is back to player cam. Sometimes it works, and you can move the free cam, but it randomly gets back to normal. Camera rotation and the roll in/out function works perfect tho.
Sorry for my not perfect english.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

file update (FO4):
--- fix pipboy issue in FO4.
--- reset key(default "R") now only reset roll angle. Hold speed mult key (default "L shift") with reset key to reset back starting point.

NC19
Are you using any other plugin that related to cameras?

The problem NC19 describes happens to me a lot too. I have a mod called Better Free camera that allows me to bind a hotkey to go to tfc mode. Basically what happens is I go to TFC the camera may stay there for a few seconds and then goes back to first person (if I was in first person when typing tfc/using the hotkey) or third person (if in third person as mentioned earlier). The only way to get the camera to stay in TFC is to try again - sometimes over ten times, but it will stay there after some trying.
Also related is, when you open the menu (inventory, map etc.) the camera changes fov (difficult to explain, zooms back?) after a few seconds of looking at inventory or magic menu, the camera resets back to they way it was. This whole problem could be related with how the R key works (resetting the cam) but I doubt it.

I'm gonna uninstall it and see if it happens with just FreeFlyCam installed.

Another thing which I'm not sure is related to this as I see it around on different forums too, is when you go to TFC (no matter which way, console or mods) sometimes the camera may get stuck (scroll wheel eg. zooming doesn't work, attacking, blocking doesn't work, can't sheathe or unsheathe your weapons, or change camera from first to third person). The way to fix this is to either spam TFC on and off and try zooming again, it may work or more easily restart the game. Sometimes loading an earlier save works too. But like I said, it seems to be a problem with how TFC works in skyrim in general, not this mod or other mods.

Apologies for the rambling explanation.
Edit: I've only tested Oldrim, no knowledge on SSE or FO4
Edit2: After doing some testing with only FreeFlyCam installed, it still happens. I double checked my load order and I only have FreeFlyCam installed that affects camera. On the second thing, the easiest way to consistently create this bug is to go to third person, equip and use a pose, go to TFC and then trying to pose again whilst in TFC. This resets back to third person and the camera is stuck. Fixing ingame works sometimes, restarting works always.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

try this:
FreeFlyCamSKSE.test.zip
restore flag after change of state
(81.86 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
It will also fix the issue where it forced to first person upon exiting tfc. (same change as in FO4 .v8)
btw, have you tried v6? the fix above is specific to the changes I introduced in v7.

about inventory, I didn't block any input besides when console is open, meaning the camera will still moves when navigating through certain menus.

Cheers - I'll try the new version tomorrow, I'll report then.
I downloaded V7 earlier and all I described happened today whilst using it. From testing V5 and V6 before V7, they had the same problems.

The inventory camera reset isn't a problem really, it just seems to be a similar reset that happens when you activate TFC and the game goes back to third person. Only it changes the slight zoomed out view, to default. A symptom of the bigger issue.