general download section
  • Author

Re: UPDATE: Works with ME3 Demo | Mass Effect 2 - ENB & SMAA

Which parameter is for blue filter ?

Smaug

Nice AA solution, instant download

vejn wrote:Which parameter is for blue filter ?
You must edit the enbpallete.bmp texture in Photoshop or GIMP. You can remove the blue by using a desaturation filter in one of those programs. =)

On another note, I downloaded the 0.107 version of the ME3 ENB, but I think it is too buggy for everyone to use. For me, it sometimes removes sound from the game, sometimes crash, sometimes effect doesn't show. Not a huge deal, since older version of ENB is already working to add extra post effects. It would be nice to have ME3 specific ENB, but I understand. Only 24 hours in a day, and you need time to do other things as well.

I hope to release 2 updated versions of this mod soon - one is for screenshots and has a lot of effects. One is for gameplay and has less effects, but still different graphics from stock. If you have downloaded the mod, thanks for trying it out! I hope you enjoy it.

Re: Mass Effect 2 - ENB & SMAA

vejn wrote:
john129pats wrote:I did. Sadly it didn't work.
Copy all files in ME2 return to darkness in ME2 binaries but not d3d9.dll.
Download http://www.mediafire.com/?vhjmg2llkzy and copy in ME2 binaries just d3d9.dll and d3dx9_26.dll. Try it.
Also, thank you for this solution!

mangosango wrote:You must edit the enbpallete.bmp texture in Photoshop or GIMP. You can remove the blue by using a desaturation filter in one of those programs. =)
Does GIMP has ability to add blue saturation - not to darken the game, but that has light blue veil ?
Only 24 hours in a day, and you need time to do other things as well.
If only the day will have twice as much hours :)
I hope to release 2 updated versions of this mod soon - one is for screenshots and has a lot of effects. One is for gameplay and has less effects, but still different graphics from stock. If you have downloaded the mod, thanks for trying it out! I hope you enjoy it.
Yes, I'm also using your mod. Nice job. Did you play Deus ex: Human revolution ? It has kind of golden filter/veil.
I would like to make more expressed but light blue filter for mass effect.
This is example for green filter - something like this but blue ->http://social.bioware.com/2512502/albums/1293573/170356
Could you make more samples so that Mass effect should look like this (second picture)
Last edited by vejn on 14 Mar 2012, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.

*sensei*

I would like to make more expressed but light blue filter for mass effect.

You dont actually need any pallete. Easily done via effect.txt(blueshift or blue lens-filter).

dpeasant wrote:
You dont actually need any pallete. Easily done via effect.txt(blueshift or blue lens-filter).
Hey, but where is this blueshift and blue lens-filter option in effect.txt?
I don't see it.
Can you upload it to somewhere or tell how to change it?

Poc

Как добиться такого изображения как в этом ролике:
http://youtu.be/J1-GtPMbwwM?hd=1 ??
Скачал и установил, но ничего не вышло, изображения только темнее стало. Переключение shift+f12 работает, shift+f10 и pause/break не ощутимо.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Why is it the only thing that changes when I edit the ini is bloom and colour correction?

Nothing else is working? I see no visible differences when I edit any other sections.

I tried using a noise filter via effect.text and that didn't show either. :/

The ENB is working but half the effects aren't.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

Unreal Warfare wrote:Why is it the only thing that changes when I edit the ini is bloom and colour correction?

Nothing else is working? I see no visible differences when I edit any other sections.

I tried using a noise filter via effect.text and that didn't show either. :/

The ENB is working but half the effects aren't.
From what I can tell, this version of ENB reads images when they are already rendered out (in the framebuffer?). This means that things like SSAO, DOF, and Motion Blur do not work, as these require more information from the scene. Noise filter only works when you turn up the noise value by a lot (5, or 6). That noise shader also only adds noise to dark areas, not light. From what I can tell, it makes the image B/W, does a quick threshold calculation, and adds noise to that image. Then it does a linear interpolation onto the original image. If you want to mod the shader to add more grain, here is the relevant code (idk enough HLSL to make it happen):

Code: Select all

//grain noise
#ifdef ENOISE
	float origgray=max(res.x, res.y);//dot(res.xyz, 0.333);
	origgray=max(origgray, res.z);
	coord.xy=IN.txcoord.xy*16.0 + origgray;
	float4 cnoi=tex2Dlod(SamplerNoise, coord);
	res=lerp(res, (cnoi.x+0.5)*res, NoiseAmount*saturate(1.0-origgray*1.8));
#endif
Poc wrote:Как добиться такого изображения как в этом ролике:
http://youtu.be/J1-GtPMbwwM?hd=1 ??
Скачал и установил, но ничего не вышло, изображения только темнее стало. Переключение shift+f12 работает, shift+f10 и pause/break не ощутимо.
What version of the mod are you using? That version is v0.01 alpha. It increases contrast, bloom, and adds blue color.
vejn wrote:
dpeasant wrote:
Hey, but where is this blueshift and blue lens-filter option in effect.txt?
I don't see it.
Can you upload it to somewhere or tell how to change it?
blueshift option is not available in this version of ENB (only in newer versions). You need to add blue filter to pallete.bmp. Open the image in gimp, create a new layer and fill it with a blue color. Then turn down the transparency of that layer to about 10-20% (depending on how much blue you want the final image to have). Then, save the image.

I made a palette with more blue here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18955430/enbpalette.bmp