[SKYRIM] Adjust textures affected by Lighting values

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

[SKYRIM] Adjust textures affected by Lighting values

This is a simple texture tip that can be applied to any texture mod you use and that needs to have their overall intensities adjusted to your personal ENB preset.

Certain objects are affected by ENBSeries Direct/AmbientLighting values and in some cases they can be insanely bright, so I included a 7z folder with all such textures that are affected by that value.
They are also affected by Creation Kit/Skyrim's Ambient value as well. The Ambient, not the Directional Ambient!
Ambient - Affects LOD textures and is also used for NPC to know when it's dark outside so they equip a torch in their hands.
Directional Ambient - Is the actual ambient lighting.

Here is the file to download;
http://www.mediafire.com/download/65nm8 ... objects.7z

tamrieltreelod.dds goes into the - Data/textures/terrain/tamriel/trees folder
The other .dds files goes into - Data/textures/landscape/grass folder

There is only .psd files included, along with the folder structure to use. So you will have to create the .dds files yourself. They are only meant as examples anyway, and they are from the official Skyrim game, not a mod.
If you don't have Photoshop, GIMP can be used for the same purpose of adjusting the textures.
The .psd names need be the same for the .dds files you create!

Here is a showcase of the vanilla and adjusted textures

Vanilla;

Adjusted;

Vanilla;

Adjusted;

Vanilla;

Adjusted;

*sensei*

Re: [SKYRIM] Adjust textures affected by Lighting values

Thanks for the resource, really appreciate it ;)

Flickr
Twitter

*sensei*

This is why my own grass, certain trees, and LOD are custom made! Got tired of that issue ages ago! Ofc. it have a bad tendency to backfire when you create a preset.. since the next guy over does not have it!

But nice to see you making a modders resource yet again JawZ... Living up to the name as always! :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks guys :), I'm almost finished with the cloud texture resources as well, which will be the next addition for this thread.
I've had these things for a while and just forgotten to create them for community use, jumping from project to project tend to make me forget these minor things :P
I might include one of my type of sun and sunglare .psd's, which I made from scratch with lots of options.

Example, Vanilla;

Example, Adjusted;

And these are Skyrim HRDLC textures, same approach as the other textures already uploaded, just add whatever texture you use into that .psd file and adjust what needs to be adjusted.
All of these texture resources includes only minimal needed adjustments for an easy and above all fast tweaking. Do not expect high quality results from these tweaks, though it won't reduce quality of the textures. If it does "it's your own damn vault", to quote Will Ferrell ;)

*sensei*

Problem with doing it on the clouds is that it kinda works like lowering curve.. you wash away the definition. They just baked in way too much shadow for it to not do it. At least in my humble opinion.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes I know, but this works for none ENBSeries users as well, and good to have options ;)
The curve is done by "looking" at the diffuse texture though. A complete white diffuse texture is the same as having curve at 0.1 in enbseries.ini, or as close as that can get anyway.
I have included fixed, in my eyes anyways, alpha for clouds that needed it, so you might find it useful as well.