[REQ]Silent hill 3 and 4 converter dx8-dx9 for tridef

general download section
  • Author

[REQ]Silent hill 3 and 4 converter dx8-dx9 for tridef

Hi, with your converter dx8-dx9 for silent hill 2 i can play with tridef in 3d and silent hill 2 is stunning in 3d! I discovered this for a casuality, and with a generic profile, because tridef don't have a specific silent hill 2 profile. I wonder if one day do you will do same converters for silent hill 3 and 4, because tridef supports only dx9-10-11 games. Thanks in advance, without your mods these kind of things would not be possible!

p.s sorry for my english!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [REQ]Silent hill 3 and 4 converter dx8-dx9 for tridef

Probably. I like these games.

ENBSeries wrote:Probably. I like these games.
oh God thanks you! I love you so much! In 3d silent hill 3 and 4 will be amazing! :shock: :shock: :shock:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Can't find disks with these games, probably forgot somewhere (frequently changing locations, don't have own home). As i can't use cracked software and games are no longer available for sale anywhere, it will take time till i get them in my hands (swapping hard drives, installing OS and development tools, only then cracked game, boring things).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Trying to find out why convertor fails with Silent Hill 3, no much progress at this moment, don't remember how it works and what is different between dx8 and dx9 which may cause issues. Will see...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Silent Hill 3 version failed. I did fixes to my own bugs (copy-paste procedure mistakes, as always), but game have 126 shaders (at least, in the first level) which won't compile under dx9, because they are buggy (uninitialized vector components and other similar bugs which require a lot of editing and patching). I don't want to do this now, may be automating process for other games will help, but smart recompiler like that is partially assembler, not simple thing. Will see, may be i'll do this day by day.

PS: nvidia drivers work fine with such bugs, but amd crash the driver. Strange that game work for amd/ati cards.

ENBSeries wrote:Silent Hill 3 version failed. I did fixes to my own bugs (copy-paste procedure mistakes, as always), but game have 126 shaders (at least, in the first level) which won't compile under dx9, because they are buggy (uninitialized vector components and other similar bugs which require a lot of editing and patching). I don't want to do this now, may be automating process for other games will help, but smart recompiler like that is partially assembler, not simple thing. Will see, may be i'll do this day by day.

PS: nvidia drivers work fine with such bugs, but amd crash the driver. Strange that game work for amd/ati cards.
Thanks for your effort! Don't worry, if you can, don't loose your mind for a game if it's a problem! Anyway yeah silent hill 3 works perfectly on my 7950 card, never had an issue with it!