[OFFICIAL] GTA IV - ProReal Mod

general download section
  • Author

[OFFICIAL] GTA IV - ProReal Mod

GTA IV ProReal Mod

Description
GTA IV ProReal Mod takes advantage of the huge modding community around the GTA series. (Mainly gtainside.com and gta4mods.com)
GTA IV is full of potential, but it's also full of problems. We try to focus on certain game aspects, and improve the overall user experience.
We focus on 3 major aspects of GTA IV. Those being Graphics; Gameplay; Performance.
We gather mods around the mod community and try to fulfill and improve these aspects along the way.
We take no credits of the mods included. Credits go to all the mod makers mentioned in the following websites (http://www.gtainside.com) / (wwwgta4mods.com)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System Requirements

CPU: Quad-Core
RAM: 4GB Recommended
GPU: 768MB minimum VRAM ( Someone tested out on a 768MB GPU and the game ran ok ) - 1GB Recommended
Installation

Before Installing...
EFLC NOTE: Steam updates the game automatically to version 1.0.7.0. The mod doesn't work with that version of GTA IV.
EFLC Users: Follow this method - Link Here

1. Install GTA IV ( A fresh install is recommended )
2. Update GTA IV to version 1.0.4.0 - http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f4 ... atch-v1040
3. Backup the Grand Theft Auto IV directory to your desktop or wherever you please.

Installing the Mod

Once everything is set up as mentioned above...
1. Simply extract the contents of the .rar file into the backed up or the original directory and overwrite as asked

Extra Tips
- Update your drivers - Driver Booster - http://www.iobit.com/driver-booster.php
- Clean your computer - CCleaner - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard
- Defrag your hard drive - Deffragler - http://www.piriform.com/defraggler/download/standard
- Kill unneded apps in the background
Troubleshooting

Q: GTA IV won't even start now!
A: Make sure you don't have any monitoring software on the background ( FRAPS; Afterburner )

Q: My game is too bright!
A: You're either not on version 1.0.4.0, or the two xlive.dll aren't in the GTA IV directory

Q: Textures are missing in some places!
A: It's a common issue with the game, make sure you meet the requirements, and have plenty of VRAM. Make sure your settings aren't too high.

Q: The game crashes 5 minutes into the game
A: The mod comes with custom cars, so if you have any kind of car parked outside of safehouses before installing the mod, remove them and save your game. You probably need to use your backup and do that.

NOTE: Report issues here on the forum or add me on skype (g.x.storm) so I can try to help you out. Feedback is of the greatest matter.
Mod Contents

1. ENB Series - Gives the game a total different kind of visuals, making it much more attractive.
- Performance Wise - It has the ENB in the tag, but It's very performance friendly.
- Custom Motion Blur - Gives a great fluid feel to the game. More attractive visuals. Makes low FPS feel smooth and fluid.
- SweetFX - A very very slight addition of sweetfx. No performance hits.
- Road Textures - Lord Neophytes Road Textures. Good looking and performance wise.
- New Glass Effect - Cool bullet impact effects on glass. Link Here
- Tweaked Water - Not a very important tweak, yet a nice touch to the game.

2. Car Pack - Let's be honest. Rockstar made-up cars aren't very attractive.
- Quality Car Pack - Chosen by me, trying to find the balance between Quality-Performance.
- Performance Wise - Vehicle models file size are kept under 3.5MB each, to preserve performance. Vehicles.img file is kept under 300MB.
- Handling; CarColors; Effects - All cars have unique handlings. They are faster and more "Down to Earth". Suspensions are stiffer in all cars....etc.

3. Scripts - A Scripthook is uncluded for this section to work. Scripts enhance the game in several aspects.
- Speedometer - Enhances the GTA HUD. Blends in with the radar. Discret yet awesome.
- RPM Gauge - Another great addition to the HUD. Blends in great as well.
- Arrest Warrant - Standard GTA IV cops are stupid. This script enhances the cops actions. They can pull you over for several kinds of felonies.
- Deadly Wrecks - Flying through the windshield is cool yeah. This adds damage when you crash. You have the option to wear a seatbelt.
- Weapon Weight - Logic. The more weapons you carry, the slower niko runs. Link Here
- Simple Native Trainer - In-game cheat engine. God mode, Car Spawning, Animations...Hells your playground.
- TrafficLoad - Good Taxi bug fix. No missing textures.

4. Sounds - Replaced some in-game sounds to contribute to the environment of the game
- Car Sounds - Various different car sounds replacing the plastic like originals.
- Weapon Sounds - <--- what it says
- Helicopter; Subway; Rain and Thunder Sounds - This contributes to the environment deeply, specially the last one.

5. Miscellaneous - Various additions in-game aiming at the overall feel of the game
- HUD - Together with the Speedometer and the RPM gauge, I added HD health and armor bars
- Map - Pause menu map enhanced as well as the in-game mini-map.
- Blips - Good quality map icons.
- Colored Radio Icons - Another cool touch to the whole HUD.
- Weapon Icons - Colored ammo icon and weapons icon.
- Peds Fears - Pedestrians don't get scared about drifting and horn honking near them.
- Loading Screens - Intro and loading screen pictures. High quality and good looks.
- Fixed Fences - They don't look all jaggy anymore.
- Blood Effects - More blood
- Explosions - Bigger Explosions. More fire. More Smoke
- HD car dirt texture - New dirt texture for the cars that has more options and looks great
Download Link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/yyqqm ... stable.rar
NOTE: A fresh install is of the most importance here.
NOTE: Mod updates will be released weekly. Every Sunday Afternoon/Evening
Recommended Mods ( Not Included )

Lord Neophyte Textures - In my opinnion, a must have! Also, my enb is tweaked to match these textures. Clearly the best textures for GTA IV out there. Link Here
Trees Mod IV - Lord Neophyte textures already include these. I personally perfer the GTA IV default trees, but if you like greener trees, try this mod. Link Here
Tweaked Peds - I didn't include this cause it's unnecessary for it to take so much space in the whole mod pack, so it's as an optional. Just tweaked peds, a nice detail to the game. Link Here
Times Square mod - We all know that Star Junction is a bad replica of the real times square. This just brings out the real times square in GTA IV. Link here
Changelog Section

Changelog 1.0 stable (LATEST)

General Improvements
- Improved Stability
- Improved Performance
- Organized files

ENB
- Overall tweaks
- Timecycle adjustment - Fixed some excessive lighting issues. Smoother and realistic weather changes
- DoF enabled - A distant blur to enhance the horizon.

Car Pack
- Some cars replaced for better/smaller ones.
- Removed modded bikes for now

Handlings; Colors; Effects
- New handling schematics (Speeds; Damages; Suspensions; Brakes) Most taken out of real life data
- Speeds now match the speedometer
- Some car colors fixed
Known Issues

Car names - Car names not showing correctly. This issue is caused by an alternative route I took to change the car sounds. I couldn't simply change the sound file name and apply it in-game, so I changed the car sounds, that for some reason, also changed the car names. I'll try to think about this and find a nice solution to sort out the problem.

Texture Flicker - This issue was minimized some in the 1.0 stable version. But it's a pretty common enb issue, but the game is pretty playable, and it's not a very drastic flicker so.
NOTE: This can be caused by bad drivers or not update drivers so update your drivers

Texture Pop-In - Altough there's not a complete fix for this (Unless you dig into the gta IV render system, that would be great) I've been able to minimize this along the way, so now it's not a big deal.
NOTE: This can be caused by not meeting the hardware requirements. Make sure you meet the requirements. Certain commandline values are also an alternative fix.
Add me on Skype: g.x.storm
NOTE: I'm always looking for people that are interested in joining me on this. Feel free to participate.
Enjoy

More Details and screenshots at http://www.overclock.net/t/1380967/offi ... ase-thread

Re: [OFFICIAL] GTA IV - ProReal Mod

Hi mate,

Thanks for the work that you have done, I am new at modding GTA 4 and I was wonder do you see any problem with using your mod and then copying IcEnhancer2.1 over the top?

Also, might want to add in the font fix for the menu's into the package as well.

:)

Smashley wrote:Hi mate,

Thanks for the work that you have done, I am new at modding GTA 4 and I was wonder do you see any problem with using your mod and then copying IcEnhancer2.1 over the top?

Also, might want to add in the font fix for the menu's into the package as well.

:)
Hi!

If you copy over the icenhancer you will have problems, cause icenhancer files are named different, so it's not some copy, paste overwrite kind of process.
I need to ask this first, did you try the mod yet?

Hi Mate,

I tried it for a few minutes, liked what I saw and I have just reinstalled it. I was playing around to get the effect that I have seen in a few video's. I now know a little bit more after modding skyrim for the past few weeks. I have just played around with it a little more.

Have you seen these mods

http://www.gta-downloads.com/en/gta4/mo ... izmiv.html
and
http://gtaforums.com/topic/415952-visua ... 1060550729

I thought they would be an addition to your mod pack, but just to get an opinion as lots of mods have been out of the loop for a long time from what I can see.
Thanks for your reply as well :)

This looks great, trying it out but I am getting serious texture pop in and change near by.
RAM : 8GB DDR3 800MHz
Sound : HyperCloud 7.1
VR : Rift

Obsidian Weathers and Luminous ENB.
ENB 0.402

Thanks man for this really awesome ultra HD graphics mod for GTA 4
I've also written a detailed article on gta IV ICenhancer you can read this and install.