Xorchan's Modular ENB Effect.txt Framework

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Xorchan's Modular ENB Effect.txt Framework

@Unreal

I just tested by making an 'enbseries' folder setting and setting the path as #include "enbseries/dosgame.fxh" and it worked fine. Not sure what issue you are facing? I used the 'DOS effect' shader so that I was 100% sure...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Where are you putting the common.fxh and technique.fxh files mate?

Currently I have them in my enbseries folder and the shaders folder is in my data folder.

This works.

If I move the shaders folder out of the data folder and into the enbseries folder it doesn't work after renaming the filepath.

If I take the files out of the shader folder and directly put them into the enbseries folder and rename the filepath it doesn't work. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of, I am naming everything correctly, for some reason the shaders are not reading regardless, unless I set them out in this specific way.

This is really odd. It's not placebo or anything because there is a distinct difference when the shaders are working.
Last edited by Unreal Warfare on 28 Aug 2013, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

this is really great appreciate it, thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Unreal

Aaah, I get it. At the bottom of all of the unique shader files is a reference back to the 'technique.fxh' file, i.e.:

#include "technique.fxh"

You would probably have to modify these paths as well, i.e.:

#include "enbseries\technique.fxh"

I'm not sure if the common.fxh is explicitly referenced in any of the files. In any case, if you have both technique.fxh and common.fxh in your root folder, everything works fine without changing additional paths (i.e. just those in the effect.txt files themselves).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm not sure why that would make a difference as I have that file in enbseries folder currently and it works fine along with the shaders folder in the data folder.

It's only when I move the shaders folder elsewhere that it doesn't work. technique.fxh and common.fxh work fine whether in enbseries folder or in the main directory.

I'll look into that though, maybe I'll find something that will help me get to the bottom of it all. Thanks!

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

*sensei*

if you have the techniques.fxh and common.fxh file in your Game's root dir and the shader files in enbseries dir (also in root dir of game)
and you refer to the shader files you use in the effect.txt as #include "enbseries\sharpen.fxh" it will work.

check the syntaxis.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have the common and techniques files in the enbseries folder. If you read back a bit the goal is to have all of the files here, except the barebones ENB files, there but it doesn't seem to be working that way.

Technique and common files only seem to work for me in the enbseries folder when the shaders folder is in the data folder.

ENB Binary Archive

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If i understand what you talking about, simply define in included file something, for example:
#define EINCLUDEDFILE_XXX1
and then use #include to open that file. After it check #ifndef EINCLUDEDFILE_XXX1 and then make include to some other path relative via dots and slashes.

*sensei*

i'll check it out, if it works, i'll post the solution.

Edit:

so i've got these lines in;
// DOS game shader (in effect.txt in gamedirectory)
#include "enbseries\dosgame.fxh"

and these in;
// DOS game effect (dosgame.fxh in enbseries directory together with common.fxh and technique.fxh also in enbseries dir)
#include "enbseries\common.fxh"
#include "enbseries\technique.fxh"

and that works perfectly, it is a blocky mess like a old Vic20 computer..

you need to check the entire shader file though cause some files refer back to the data folder like the FXAA shader.
it speaks for itself that these entries need to be enbseries\blabla instead of Data\shaders\blabla...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just tested idea with definition inside included file to check if it included or not. Shader won't compile, so the trick not work. I don't have any other idea how to find out if file not found.