Xorchan's Modular ENB Effect.txt Framework

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Xorchan's Modular ENB Effect.txt Framework

Have you read what i wrote in previous post about optimization??? And where those other perople? In Obge? They prooved inability to program good shaders.

Hello. I am currently trying to add some of the sweetfx shaders to your shaders.The sweetfx shaders are H. datas, just like your shaders in fxaa injector.Would it be enough,to add them in the fxaa folder, and add #define ... 1 in the effect.txt ?

*sensei*

Yes that was what i thought, that the external files you supplied where basic (standard) examples.
i presume that if there where more possibilities, you would have put a standard of that in the external files too.
so my question is answered, thanks.

OK, i understand, so if you have external files you need to use a different standard, that explains the problem.

did you ever thought of just skipping those external files ?
i know that some people are not going to like it cause they want to write those external files,
but if it is better like you say, and more powerful, then why keep them.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This is wrong place to discuss such things and i can't drop support to features which are widely used.

*sensei*

i understand.

*master*

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I'm trying to add the vibrance effect from http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/41905/? to effect.txt, which works, as long as I use only that in effect.txt. The problem is, if I add anything from this to effect.txt, then I lose the spinner for the vibrance effect.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Use FX Composer to edit shaders, for sure you have duplicate names of something.

*master*

Thanks. I'll take a look at that.

edit: OK, yeah, it looks like I'm going to have to try to merge the effects, but it's exactly as you said... duplicate definitions. This should keep me busy for awhile.

*sensei*

I suspect that the vertex shader needs to be stripped from the vibrance effect, cause as far as i understand you don't want to do these vertex computations twice.
It is already opened in common.fxh then the pixelshaders are done in the shaders that come after common.fxh and then the technique.fxh closes by returning/closing the vertex and pixel shaders.
And the existing vertex computations need to be altered in the common.fxh file.

If you can't get it to work you can Always just use the naturalcolors.fxh shader, that works fine chained.

*sensei*

Regarding priorities in the shaders, how would the order of the shaders be loaded? And if it's possible to set the load order of the shaders, where would you designate it? In the technique.fxh, common.fxh, or the effect.txt file?

EDIT: I have done some effects in the .fxh files to have better sharpening chained with blur-shift effect that you (Boris) posted here beforehand. That might have been the alternative solution to have the order selected as I wanted. However, some effects I'd like to have separate files, and likewise a proper order in the chain to render it.

For instance, from first to last in terms of the effects rendered:

FXAA.fxh
BlurShift.fxh
Sharpen.fxh
NaturalColors.fxh
PostSharpen.fxh

..... and etc, etc.

Flickr
Twitter