Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

Enhanced Lighting for ENB or ELE

This mod intends to adjust every type of lighting inside the Skyrim game so it will both look better with ENB
and make it a lot easier to customize an ENB preset without ruining some parts of the games look. Which is the case
with the vanilla Skyrim lighting in some parts depending on the ENB settings used.

ELE - Lite - The most up to date part of ELE

Feedback, the ingredient that make things grow
As I have written in my ENB guide "feedback is what this project needs to be able to grow and keep being updated".
And this is true whether it is my ELE project, ENB resource or my guide project or some mod by another person, feedback is in my eyes and ears suggestions, remarks, "bug control" that let's the creator know of things he or she can improve upon from a certain users own perspective. So if you see something that does not feel or look right please let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.
Things like " this does not look good", "this is bullshit", "that mod did it better" does not count as feedback just useless and for me, the reader, irritating comments. By rephrasing for instance "that mod did it better" you could say "that mod this/that better" which let's me know what you think looks better in another mod and thus I can look into it and see if or how I can improve upon it.

I am open for suggestions and will not turn anything down if it's possible to do/create

Mod features:
  • Exterior Lighting/Weathers
    - Weathers have been given more natural colors and they are also not dependant on imagespaces in the same way as vanilla was.
    - The weathers have been configured for a better Day/Night detection during Day, Sunset, Night and Sunrise. Middays uses 0% nighttime settings, Midnights uses 0% daytime settings, Sunrises uses ~70% daytime settings and Sunsets uses ~65% of daytime settings.
    - *Implemented Mindflux's snow FX additions directly into my snow weathers changes.
    - It also fixes some visual bugs with enb activated such as dark horizons during stormy, rainy, foggy and other dark weathers.
    - The sunlight have been balanced throughout every weather so there won't be a Storm weather that has brighter sunlight than a Clear weather.
    - The shadows have been changed to enhance the visual appearance of the SkyLighting effect by using Boris color assignment in his enbweathersample.esp as a template.
    - Removed as much sky banding as I could, but this will change depending on how you set your sky settings to. Darker sky = possibility of increased sky banding.
    - Created a new sun.dds texture to go along the new weather changes and to enhance the Sun Rays feature available in ENBSeries. It will have no grain/noise, no banding and will not overexpose most of the sky as the vanilla sun.dds does.
  • Interior Lighting (Former ELE - Imagespaces)
    - This covers changes in the imagespaces and LightingTemplates which have been configured as the exterior lighting, for more natural occurring colors.
    - I applied the same shadow method color assignment as the exteriors, they have been properly lit based on the exterior lighting that shines in from cracks in the walls for instance or based on the amount of windows in the interior cell.
    - *I have assigned the proper weather regions to all of the interior cells and removed the Sky from interiors that did not need them to be on.
    - I have made the interior DirectLighting to be better used as an Indirect lighting which I have found serves as a good character lighting. The direction and color of them have both been tweaked towards that end.
    - I have also corrected the visual "bug" with dungeons looking bright as day. I have changed all of the interior classed cells so they would look more natural based on the location of it. Temple of Kynareth is a "bright" classed interior while the Dragonsreach Basement is a "Dark" classed interior.
    - *I have also made it so that interiors with dungeons in them have been properly lit based on the location. Pinewatch is a good example of such a place, it starts in a farmhouse leading down to a dungeon.
    - *And I also made some performance optimizations to all cells that benefitted from such edits and it won't interfere with Skyrim Project Optimization either, in fact I recommend using that with ELE.

- Last but not least all the Imagespaces and LightingTemplates have been named based on what type of interior cell they affect so that the end user if he/she so feels somethings does not look quite right with his/hers ENB preset can simply edit that particular interior cell type without affecting anything else. Explanation of the abbreviations assigned to the imagespaces and lighting templates can be found under the Mod testing tools & resources further down in this thread.
  • Light Bulbs, Interior/Exterior
    - This covers Light Bulb changes which is the light that emits from fireplaces, candles and chandeliers among other things.
    - Corrected the placement of the Light Bulbs. Assigned new coloring to them based on images I have taken of it's "Real Life" counter parts, or taken something that comes close to the same type of light.
    - *Comes in two versions, scripted and unscripted. The scripted version uses the JIT Script to both increase the number of Shadow and non-shadow lights possible to put in to an interior cell but also to increase performance by temporarily disabling a number of lights. Then there is the non-scripted version that uses the old fashioned way of putting the right amount of lights to not cause flickering of any kind.
    - Last but not least all the Light Bulbs have been named based on what type of light source they are placed at so that the end user if he/she so feels somethings does not look quite right with his/hers ENB preset he/she can simply edit that particular Light Bulb type without affecting anything else.
  • FX Effects, Interior/Exterior
    - This module will handle all FX changes introduced by the ELE suite. It will make changes to the windows dynamic changes so the ENB itself will have full control of that (there is window settings for full time cycle so why have it applied) and it will also adjust the placement add or remove some FX effects based on what I think looks better
  • Spell and Torch Lighting
    - This changes the color, radius and intensities of all the spell Light Bulbs and the Torch light as well. As with the other mods this has more natural colored lights which fits the different types of spells better, fire shouldn't emit almost white light in my opinion.
  • ELE - plugins

ELE Plugin - RS Light Color
    This plugin make changes to the so called "Parent" Light Bulbs, not the same as the placed light bulbs in exterior and interior cells!
    It alters the colors so they emit more natural and "correct" color based on their placement in the World. All light bulbs placed at fire type of light sources give off natural "fire light" and the same goes for Candle lights etc.
    It was created for Relighting Skyrim first and for most and is fully compatible with it but also work for vanilla lighting or mods that does alter the ParentLight Bulbs found in the Object window inside the Creation Kit.

ELE Plugin - Falskaar
    This alter certain interior cell menu values to allow my ELE - Interior Lighting module to take full control of Falskaar's interior cells.
    Certain things was set to be adjusted per cell in the Falskaar mod which made my changes to have no affect on those interiors, this plugin fixes that "issue".

ELE Plugin - FX Emittance
    - In vanilla and Relighting Skyrim the sun lit Light Bulbs in the interiors uses something called Exterior Emittance to make the Light Bulb change it's coloring based on the time of the Day.
    This will make those colors more natural and not plain white or grey as is the case with the vanilla game.

* I HAVE YET TO MAKE ALL OF THE CHANGES DESCRIBED ABOVE BUT ALL OF THE THINGS MENTIONED WILL BE IMPLEMENTED AND POSSIBLY MORE FEATURES WILL COME.

Compatibility:

I have made ELE with modules so it would be possible to only use certain changes introduced by ELE.
Here are the different compatibilities with each module.

I will update this list of info as I go along but now it at least have some basic info on the changes and compatibilities.

Load Order:
  • ELE files only

- ELE - Spell and Torch Lighting.esp + DLC equivalent modules **
    - ELE - FX Effects Interior.esp *** + DLC equivalent modules **
    - ELE - FX Effects Exterior.esp *** + DLC equivalent modules **
    - ELE - Light Bulbs Interior.esp *** + DLC equivalent modules **
    - ELE - Light Bulbs Exterior.esp *** + DLC equivalent modules **
    - ELE - Interior Lighting.esp + DLC equivalent modules **
    - ELE - Weathers.esp + DLC equivalent modules **
    - ELE - Weather Addition.esp + DLC equivalent modules **
The ELE - FX Emittance.esp and ELE Plugin - RS Light Color.esp is for Vanilla lighting and Relighting Skyrim and won't have any use with the rest of the ELE modules when finished. And I have other
plans for those FXWeathers that will be directly included in one of the other ELE modules, it's just an idea I have in the back of my head and I have yet to test it out thoroughly.

The DLC parts of ELE does not need a specific load order around the Skyrim module. You can place them as you like as long as you follow the above load order and you
will not encounter any issues with them.
I have not covered the same edit twice in any of my modules!

If combined modules are used then the name will be for example ELE - Light Bulbs.esp instead of ELE - Light Bulbs Exterior.esp and ELE - Light Bulbs Interior.esp

• With ELFX

- ELE - Spell and Torch Lighting.esp
    - EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
    - ELE - Interior Lighting.esp
    - ELE - Weathers.esp
    - ELE - Weather Addition.esp
  • With Relighting Skyrim

- ELE - FX Effects.esp
    - Relighting Skyrim - Dragonborn.esp
    - Relighting Skyrim - Hearthfire.esp
    - Relighting Skyrim - Dawnguard.esp
    - Relighting Skyrim - Update.esp
    - RelightingSkyrim.esp or RelightingSkyrim-NoScript or RelightingSkyrim-ExteriorsOnly.esp
    - ELE - RS Light Color
    - ELE - FX Emittance.esp
    - ELE - Weathers.esp
    - ELE - Weather Addition.esp
  • With EDWS

- ELE - FX Effects.esp
    - ELE - Light Bulbs.esp
    - ELE - Weathers.esp
    - enhanceddynamicweathersystemnormal.esp
  • With Always Cloudy Weather

- ELE - FX Effects.esp
    - ELE - Light Bulbs.esp
    - ELE - Weathers.esp
    - Always Cloudy Weather.esp
  • With Falskaar

- Falskaar.esm
    - ELE Plugin - Falskaar (There is no need to have it placed in a specific order with the other ELE modules as it only affect Falskaar content)

- ELE - FX Effects.esp
    - ELE - Light Bulbs.esp
    - ELE - FX Emittance.esp
    - ELE - Weathers.esp

Download:

I always clean with TES5EDIT* both automatic and manually going through each edit for any unwanted edits.
* With unofficial releases such as tests there is a possibility that I forgot to do the necessary checking with TES5EDIT, the files not located in this comment but in later ones throughout the thread are unofficial/test releases!

Download Link - Enhanced Lightning for ENB/ELE - ALPHA v0.0.3 NMM Installer, updated 05/25

Download Link - ELE - Interior Lighting v0.0.4 (Former ELE - Imagespace module)
Remove old ELE - Imagespace.esp files!

Download Link - ELE Plugin - RS Light Color v0.0.37

Download Link - Sky mesh for ENBSeries v0.236 and older, uploaded 20 November -14

Download Link - Sky mesh for ENBSeries v0.262 and newer, uploaded 25 November -14

Weekend releases (These are test versions!)
v42, v44, v49

* v42 as an example stands for "vecka 42". Vecka is the Swedish word for week, it's not an abbreviation of the word version!

External mods and plugins for ELE:

Sound of Skyrim and ELE Interior Lighting Patch by marmo1233
A plugin to make SoS/Sounds of Skyrim compatible with ELE.
Load order and general info on what it does can be had at it's mod thread by following the link above.

Enhanced Lighting for ENB - Patch Collection by Nearox
A collection of plugins for users of ELE - Interior Ligthing modules, created by Nearox.
Load order and general info on what it does can be had at it's mod thread by following the link above.

Mod testing tools & resources:

Weather type ID list - Id codes for the ELE edited weathers, the weather listed on this page are the only ones that has been covered by ELE the rest is vanilla weathers still.

Weather Region Map - Use this to test the ELE covered weathers in their right environment.

STATUS - If you encounter a bug in a ELE weather and don't know which one it is I suggest that you use this mod to be able to check that. It will help me fix the visual bugs a lot faster than to have to go through every weather when there's is a possible easy fix once I found it. Thanks CruNcher for reminding me of this mod :)

Notice:
I have slight color blindness, Deuteranomaly which in layman's terms means I have trouble perceiving the color green accurately. Therefore the colors in my ELE suite might be slightly stronger in the blue color. But I don't rely only on my eyes to determine a certain color for a certain effect I do a lot of research about how colors are perceived and emitted through and from different objects and I shot and gather a lot of reference shoots based on what I need to determine a color for a certain type of light in the game engine, for example ambient lighting color or the color fire emits and so far I myself think I have done a pretty good job at achieving what I set out for, natural and smooth colors that a person is used to in real life with a slight touch of cinematic effects embedded into the mix.

Permissions:

Because ELE is still in ALPHA stage I do not allow permission for any kind of reupload anywhere by anyone. If you want to upload it somewhere you have to talk to me first and tell me why you want to do that instead of making a link to this page. If I see any part of this mod uploaded anywhere else without my permission I will take it down, stop modding and give that M****rF****r who did it a hell of a time for doing so!
Last edited by --JawZ-- on 24 Jul 2013, 23:27, edited 12 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enhanced Lightning for ENB

Did you forgot this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13531/ as incompatible ?

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Good notice there, I mistook the mod for another I added in the list. It's been added now ;)

as soon as u get a stable version im for sure gonna try it, even tho ill have to reconfigure everything since it's tweaked for rlo+cot :p

*sensei*

Thanks for creating this extremely useful thread!!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@--JawZ--
Im testing ELE Weather currently and so far i like it though i have 1 severe issue actually it's not that severe but it's very visible in a fast motion tod change and that issue is a very sharp gradient that moves with the sun position so the changing TOD it's like a scanner light that goes over the geometry slowly and scans it this is also hard to capture it though becomes very visible in motion.

And here is a nice ELE lighting result with my ENB 2 different TODs same skyrimclear weather

Cool thing is his AI is stucking on the Edge currently as he can't reach me and he doesn't move but sits in a loop i guess as long as i don't move so i have a predictable test scene now with him ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Enhok:

I wouldn't call it stable or unstable as I have yet to find any such issues with ELE. But a more finished state I can understand why you don't jump right into it ;)

Bronze316:

And thank you my friend for the comment and PM's ;)

CruNcher:

Hmm that sounds very weird, I don't think I have noticed that before. Well compared to the released ELE - Weather module and the one I've yet to upload it's possible it is no longer there as I have done changes to all of my weathers to better normalize them while at the same time have them looking a bit different depending on the weather types.

The changes between the same weather types won't have that much difference in them, SkyrimClear vs. SkyrimClear_TU will only have "detail" changes while the weather type SkyrimClear_A vs. SkyrimClear will have a bit more colorful and vibrant sunrises and sunsets. Similar changes will be applied to other weather types as well.

Nice captures by the way :)

Iäve noticed the same "dumb" NPC's myself and only encountered one or two that acted more intelligent and actually broke free of that loop :P They where Giants and threw me through the air when they surprised me with that show of intelligence :lol:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yup it seems to happen in the weather cycle so 1 specific weather is causing this "scanning the mountain effect" ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Will have a look out for such visual bug before I release the next ALPHA build to see if I have fixed.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

00012F89 you can see it from bottom of the mountain to the top like a laser scanner that scans the mountain and it's changing with the TOD seems it comes from the Sun though i have no sun rays enabled and it doesn't look like sun rays more like a large beam :)

it seems i can see the gradient line of the light change on the mountain if i turn enb off i don't see it just the fade it's the same in both directions sunup/sundown only the beam changing it's direction from top to bottom
actually it affects the whole space i can see that beam coming @ me ;)

i guess i slowly get behind what it is the imagespace tint goes into the blue it changes with the sun and i can see this change ;)

now i will look more closely @ SkyrimCloudys TOD change with my default rendering and the other Light mods and see if my ENB reacts the same way with them and alone
Last edited by CruNcher on 19 May 2013, 11:10, edited 5 times in total.