Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enhanced Lightning for ENB

Ok I will see if it still has the beam occuring in my current ELE - Weather.esp file. I'm currently assigning the new detection percentage to use in the different times of day in all of the covered weathers, so when I reach the SkyrimCloudy - 12f89 weather I will have an eye out for that beam bug.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

it looks like this so far with my ENB

Default Light = Fail
ELE = Fail
Realistic Light = OK
Skyrim Realistic Weather = OK

Only the Default Lighting and ELE create this strange visible gradient with Skyrimcloudy i will try now to use the no tint mod and see if it kills this strange transition effect with the Default Light and ELE.

No tint mod has no effect on this blue tint the skyrimcloudy weather creates and which transitions seems to be badly with ENB

Wow it must be a bug in my ENB setup if i disable all the processing except the color which cant be disabled and force fw 00012F89 i see the blue tint but as soon as i leave the console it's gone to the previous render state very crazy ;)

so crazy i have to screenshot whats happening as most probably no one will believe me this ;)

Forced the Skyrimcludy weather while disabling the upper shader process layers except Skylighting can't be turned off Realtime

Now closing the console (baam) ;)

Last edited by CruNcher on 19 May 2013, 13:58, edited 2 times in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have yet to check it out and as soon as I've assigned the weathers there new base settings before I do the detail work on them I will test version for the bug and upload a test version so you can try it out with your own personal preset as well.

When you force a weather through the console you must close the console for the new weather values and look to be rendered properly. if you enter the FW XXXX without closing down the console window it won't render the weather and objects properly.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

yes but for me it resets the weather values if i close the console, so it's reversed from your experience and i never experienced that fw wouldn't render correct with the console opened and game time halted ;)

lol the weather code seems to stuck now via the console in the render modes, see what happens now if i force another weather ;)

and if i close the console the same it vanishes to the previous render state

odd
Last edited by CruNcher on 19 May 2013, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have always experienced that when I force a weather to appear it will distort the image if you load up a weather with different values. However if you force it into another weather with the same values the look doesn't change at all it just "blinks" immediately after you press enter to run the FW command.

Anyway now that you brought that up I've been checking the transitions with forcing the weather to 81a and using the sw command to "start weather" transtion from 81a to c821e - SkyrimFog with a timescale of 200. I will upload video comparison of vanilla, ELE and RLO latest weather.

Why do want to load up the EditiorCloudPreview weather for?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

just checking nothing special so this means fw is very unreliable since some time i didn't used it since almost ages now and now that i want it's buggy, though i got used to script dragons weather change mod that works fine have to add the skyrimcloudy weather we talking about to the list though as i cant find it scrolling through the 38 existing weathers it defines.
Last edited by CruNcher on 19 May 2013, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well if you want to quickly check the differences between weathers then it's ok, but for experiencing how it looks with the actual transitions then sw is the way to go.

But if you mean that the weather doesn't change when going from say weather 81a to weather c821e when using the fw command then it is something funky at your end. Because it works as it should work on my end.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--JawZ-- wrote: But if you mean that the weather doesn't change when going from say weather 81a to weather c821e when using the fw command then it is something funky at your end. Because it works as it should work on my end.
Jup that's my problem currently i will check something it could be that i left the 1.9 resources when downgrading back to 1.8 ;)

Though if i look @ my Skyrim folder i wonder if it isn't time to save my progress and start over from a fresh install 45,0 GB (48.375.871.594 Bytes)

and jup sw also fails no transition is happening but in Gameplay everything works :(
Last edited by CruNcher on 19 May 2013, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If you have downgraded with a 45 GB worth of mods and what not It would be that big of jump in saying that something did not go right when downgrading :P

I myself run on 1.9 steam version, with all of the DLC's and the Bethesda HD pack with only these two mods running - Live Another Life and Skyrim Project Optimization. nothing else besides the ELE esp files and then I use my own sun texture which will be added to the ELE NMM Installer in the next update. And I also use Mindflux particle patch of course, that's it ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

When I finally was ready to assign the final touches for the next ALPHA release I encountered this all of a sudden.

ENB off with Shift+F12

ENB On

The Far Fog is way more intense with ENB on now for some reason maybe it's some settings I messed around with during my ELE preset tweaking, will have a look but if it isn't I have to move the Far Fog out so it won't be visible.

EDIT:

I fixed it by actually drawing the Far Fog closer and decreased the density of the fog slightly as well as blending the Far and Near Fog a bit better and voila a nice transitions between the two distances ;)

The fog weather is in it's right location now, it does not appear in the tundra region only PineForeset region aka Falkreath region