Skyrim Snow FX for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Skyrim Snow FX for ENB

REQUIRES ENB BINARY 0.168 OR ABOVE

As promised, here's my rudimentary version of the new snow effects for ENB binary 0.168 and above featuring particle density increase. When installed, the modification will remove the fake particle screen overlay effect and replace it with true particle effects for two weathers, snowstorm for SkyrimStormSnow (c8221), and heavy snowfall for SkyrimOvercastSnow (4d7fb). Additionally, I've included an effect replacer that will replace the oddly zig-zagging snowflakes found in various locations of the game world with light snowfall. Naturally the particles are affected by parameters under [PARTICLE] category. Furthermore, the modification should be compatible with all texture replacers.

Light snowfall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvVw3Yp759g
Snowstorm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H32yCKtbrDM

DOWNLOAD

INSTALLATION
=============
Copy the included files to your Skyrim folder and activate Snow FX for ENB.

UNINSTALLATION
===============
The effects that require 0.168 are disabled once the ESP is disabled. Other than that, you can delete the included files.

NOTE TO MODDERS AND USERS OF WEATHER MODIFICATIONS
====================================================
Since I needed to modify two weathers, the mod doesn't obviously work with other weather modifications that make changes to the same weathers. However, you can add my two new effects to the weather modification you're using and edit the weather parameters to use the new effects. Please let me know if you need further pointers, and I can walk you through the merging process. As always, all my stuff is free to use for your own projects.

Thanks to Boris, without whom this wouldn't exist.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Snow FX for ENB

The particle "maniac/master" strikes again ;)

Will be sure to test this out and make it compatible with ELE once I've started covering the snowy weathers. It looks really nice in the videos you made

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ha, maniac rather :lol: I like all the little details that are not much by itself but add to the visual polish of the game.

But hey, thanks, hope you like how they look in-game. Let me know if you need any help adding the effects to your overhaul. Basically you need to manually merge my stuff with yours, i.e. open both mods in the CK, make duplicates of all my objects (two visual effects and two art objects to go with them), rename my original ones to something else (like add _ at the end), and rename the newly-made copies back to what the original names were. Finally just disable the overlay effects, save your mod, and you should be good to go.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah that's what I think as well, a good looking game is all in the details ;)

Your welcome, and I'm sure it will live up to the same quality and necessity as your particle patch have done so far. I'm very familiar with such a merge process after all my crazy concept mods I've done in the CK :lol:, EWE + RLwC was one of them. But thanks for the info and it will hopefully serve some other CK modder good as well.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh yes, of course you know all too well the joys of merging mods manually :P

Well, I already updated the mod with an improved heavy snowfall. I want to recreate the type of really thick, slow snowfall you sometimes get.

By the way, did you drop the dungeon part of your modding endeavors?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes the joy of merging :lol: Been fiddling with a lot of the CK features even scripting and armor/item stuff since the release of the CK.

That would be awesome, it looks so good when it acts like that in Real Life that is. Makes it feel like the time has slowed down, at least that how it feels to me :D If you can/have managed to pull that off this will definitely be a necessary mod I will always have installed.

No I'm actually working on that now ;) I will cover every type of lighting with ELE, though the light bulbs will be the one module that will take the longest so I'm currently working on making ELE modules compatible with other lighting mods that only make changes to the light bulbs and nothing else such as Relighting Skyrim and ELFX. I have yet to go over how RLO has done their modules so I'm unsure how the compatibility is with that.

I have covered Winterhold, Whiterun and Falkreath interior cells so far and experimenting with interior world spaces which is a pain in the ass to change the night/day trigger without destroying the immersion from the exterior and interior. Only way around it I have found so far is to create a new climate with special interior weathers, only problem with it is that it won't show the same weather type in the interior as it had in the exterior :roll:

mf always good stuff from you, keep the good work.

question, does this have impact on performance? cause im at borderline 40ish fps.

p.s. please make a nexus mod manager installable particle patch plz!

Re: Skyrim Snow FX for ENB

will this mod help to fix how intensely bright the snow is at night?

oh never mind. just checked it out and i can finally see where i am going, thank you now i can do stuff at night instead of waiting till day.

*master*

Hey, first of all another great particle job :) Thank you for that. Second i've been building a new ENB and it's based on 0.168. Can i include your SnowFX data to my main ENB archive by givin credits ofc ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sure you can, all my stuff is always free to use for whatever purposes, such as distributing with a preset, improving or using as a basis for your own stuff, etc. Good to hear you found the mod useful.