Skyrim Snow FX for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*master*

Re: Skyrim Snow FX for ENB

Thank you very much :) To be honest first time when i was see that effect on screenshot i'd thought it was look like a rip of papers rather than snow fx. But i noticed screenshots doesn't give a good idea about this effect. Looks gorgeus in game and now i can't imagine what would skyrim look like without your snow particle :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Haha I know what you mean, in screenshots it looks like utter shit and really needs to be seen in-game. It also helps if you use a DOF that blurs everything close on screen. I'm working on a new texture, though, as well as a workaround to lower the visibility and create an impression of heavier snowfall, just haven't had free time to develop.

Is there any chance someone could make your effects work for CoT? I have no clue how to do it myself. If I did I would do it. :) The snow looks magnificent.

Really liking this, but it kinda bothers me the Snow just falls down without any wind effects even tho there is Snow Storms in some places.

*sensei*

Well made a "CoT patch" for it. Contemplating if I want to release it or not!

While the ability to control intensity with ENB is really good, there are also issues!

First when you walk around the snow then it very quickly becomes apparent there is no wind or random movement about it. You start to get "tunnel vision" in that all snow falls in the same lines.

Second then the size of the flakes is a bit too large imo. It is a small thing, but I do not know how to alter it in the mesh atm!
Also the density used could use a small increase!

All of these issues can be partly solved by still applying the old snow as well.. but then your work kinda gets thrown into the background. Especially in snow storms! CoT got a brutal blizzard going on for example... while your flakes just slowly drop around!

I guess I could make the modifications to the meshes once I learn how... then it would properly also make more sense to release it. Since as it is now then it is not really gaming quality... might be good for screenshots but that is about it.

Is it compatible with Enhanced Dynamic Weather System? That mod doesn't really change weathers. Only the frequency of rain/snow.

Hey mindflux,

did you alter this mod? I have installed it and put it to the end of my mod list. No errors in TESEdit. Looks different from your videos.

Edit: okay i've read the opening post again. I guess its not the right weather.

*master*

Thank you for the only snow mod that looks like real falling snow, instead of all those big buncing cristals.

The only thing I wanted to see is more small flurries/flakes at the distence moving in like waves., but this is allready very, very real. I guess you really did watch some real snowfall ;)

Will this receive updates in the future?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, not likely unless someone else wants to pick it up.