--JawZ-- ENB resources, updated 15 september-14

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: --JawZ-- ENB resources, updated 27 august-14

Ok, I've made some improvements and optimizations to the local operator

- No longer will the screen turn black once the EnableBloom is turned off.
- Optimized the local operator.
- Altered, added and removed "surrounding"/complimentary effects to sort of mimic the Photoshop HDR Toning color adjustment. Not identical but with similar behavior and effect results.

The results are quite good, and in my eyes an improvement from earlier versions.
It will be uploaded as soon as I find it to be viable for an upload, or just soon.

*master*

Excellent! /mr. burns

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--UPDATE--

Uploaded new versions of the new Shader files, for both Skyrim and Fallout3/New Vegas

Changes from previous versions;
  • Fixed the the issue with the screen turning black when bloom was turned off
  • Started fresh, and tried to reproduce effects that would simulate a similar result like the Photoshop HDR Toning filter
  • Added color space conversion algorithms, RGB to XYZ to Yxy which the "HDR Toning" operates in.
  • Added game controls to the Fallout enbeffect.fx shader
  • Added a enbbloom.fx that is a stripped down version of Prod80's HQ Bloom FX from his Serenity preset.
  • Created a new shader file to store all helper functions and constants, to reduce duplication of same code and for easy access from any file.
  • Added Vibrance and Split Screen effects from CeeJay.dk SweetFX shader suite.
  • Altered the Local Contrast and reduced the variables from four to one, renamed it detailed as it now functions almost exactly like the Detail effect found in Photoshop HDR Toning.
  • Created my own version of Highlight and Shadow controls, needs work but fully functional and does what I intended them to do.
  • Added ENB Diagnostics to Skyrim enbeffect.fx removed functions and added a new one to display current adaptation value to allow easier customization of the Adaptation Min and Max.
  • And overall adjustments and optimizations here and there, too many alterations to recall everything I've done since last update.

The files should work as they where intended too. But in case there are any troubles with the files let me know and I'll see what is causing it and fix it.

*sensei*

Re: --JawZ-- ENB resources, updated 15 september-14

Neat, have a look at the new bloom file ;) Better use of enbbloom.fx inner workings in d3d9.dll... doesn't come at a performance cost now when used reasonable (so not tuning sigma into insanity values) even when using depth info.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, bare in mind that the "logLuma" isn't correctly executed in it's current state, but functions in a similar-ish way as it was supposed to.
Still working on finding a way to do a proper version of it without too much calculation work involved.

Yeah I saw the new bloom file of yours. I did implement the tex2Dlod trick you mentioned in a topic here at ENBDev and also the texture combination from you're earlier file in the uploaded version I have here.
In any case I will have a look at the new file once I get back home :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi JawZ! Not sure if you are still poking around here but I though I might try and ask for a bit of input based on your expertise with ENB GUI implementation.

I am trying to setup some GUI controls for the awesome postpass shader 'Painted Wasteland' (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8762/?) by Jezus Fitzroy.

So I am doing the following to change 'PassNum' from a predefined value to a GUI controlled value. When I implement as shown below, the GUI looks and behaves as I want it (i.e. allows for selection of numbers 1 through 5)... but it somehow breaks the shader, in that the 'painted' effect is no longer visible regardless of what value I select, even if I do a 'Save' and 'Apply Changes'. If I revert the code to use the predefined value, everything works as intended.

//#define PassNum 3//1 to 5 More passes gives a smoother result. Shouldn't affect performance

float PassNum <
string UIName="Number of Passes";
string UIWidget="Spinner";
float UIMin=1.0;
float UIMax=5.0;
float UIStep=1.0;
> = {5.0};

I also tried using an 'int' annotation, but ENB threw and error message when I tried to do this (some sort of mismatch).

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong here? Or perhaps this variable cannot be modified in game? Any input would be appreciated! :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Tapioks, I'm guessing that the number of passes is handled (in techniques at the end) with #if and #endif conditional statements, i.e. the usual way, in which case they are processed at compilation time (when starting the game or pressing Apply Changes) meaning that you can't switch them in real-time. Not sure why it wouldn't work when pressing Apply Changes, though, maybe the value is just not available at compilation time? Is it still saved in the .ini file?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@mindflux

Thanks for the reply! The variable is saved in the corresponding .ini file in the 'enbseries' folder, but it just does not have any effect. The rest of the effects of the shader file seem to work (i.e outlines, color changes), just the paint effect itself fails when I use the GUI implementation. Apply Changes unfortunately has no effect ... maybe this variable can only be edited via the .fx file while the game is not running...? I'm reluctant to give up, but I can't really figure anything out yet @_@

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Check if there are #if ... #endif statements related to the number of passes in techniques. If there are what you're trying to achieve can't sadly work since like I mentioned such preprocessor statements (with #, normal if...else statement will work) are evaluated at compilation time, and because you're missing the value for PassNum float you can see why the compilation fails.

At least this is what I think is happening.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ya, it looks like this is the case:

Code: Select all

#if PassNum >= 1
technique11 paintMe2
{
	pass p0
	{
		SetVertexShader(CompileShader(vs_5_0, VS_PostProcess()));
		SetPixelShader(CompileShader(ps_5_0, PS_paintMe()));
	}