--JawZ-- ENB resources, updated 15 september-14

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: --JawZ-- ENB resources, updated 27 august-14

Nice idea.
If it is possible that would be amazing, though with a 64 tap Gaussian it might run a bit slow :P At least with the Gaussian algorithm's I know of and can "handle" coding.

And here I was thinking of settling for the time being and take a long ENB "vacation" ;)
Currently have no idea how to actually do it, but it will probably come to me eventually :)

Thanks for the input,
Cheers

*sensei*

Remove the depth testing from my enbbloom.fx file and setup different loop counts for both blurring the rgb and a... Should not hit performance that hard. The code is actually very efficient, it's the depth testing which causes almost the entire hit on fps. Not the gaussian.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh really, I naturally assumed it was the Gaussian. Well good to know that for future references then.
Ok I will take a shot at it and see what I can cook up. Hopefully it will result in a better control than bloom contrast variable code I put in the enbeffect.fx and named "Threshold" :P
The naming was only so there would be no confusion among novice ENB users.

Oh and by the way I did try your preset, for a short run through though.
Amazing work with, well everything. No pitch black shadows and no weird hyper brightness. Natural goodness in my eyes with a bit of "bling-bling" of course, bloom and the slight DoF I'm referring to ;)

*sensei*

Thanks JawZ, did update it today because I was a bit dissatisfied with interior. I did some experimenting with bloom, going pure Gaussian and ignoring all the other bloom textures which turned out to be of lesser quality than combining all but original texture into one. So reverted back and make interiors more atmospheric where emphasis lays on point lighting and not much on ambient lighting.

I wonder sometimes about implementation of point light... would be nice if ENB could somehow give it range and make it bounce off surfaces. At least would get less dependency on ambient light, which I tend to dislike a lot. Ie. artificially have a point light source in opposite direction with intensity decreased by depth between object and backdrop colored by ambient light rgb where low distance has little effect and further away gets more effect but fades with distance... of course I have no idea how to implement such a thing :P Or to have different sources of point light (uniform, directional, etc) have separate sliders, which would allow some additional balancing independent of light mod. But w/e, I keep tweaking :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You're welcome. I did something similar today as well. Though I created a bunch of if's to make it a bit more "on the go" and skip the need to go out and in of the game. Lazy in someways I know.
I found that combining sampler1, 2, 3 and 4 gave best results and if I wanted sharper I would Sampler7 and 8 into it and skip the two original ones.
Result: https://flic.kr/p/oZ7VH3

I think it was the latest one of your presets I tested and comapred with my fast tweaked preset testing out code combinations with the adaptation feature.

Been thinking the same thing, and for a while now back to when I was working on O.L.S.E, Relighting Skyrim and now during ELE as well.
I can't get the "double blur" to function so don't bother asking me for any help :P Yeah same here, until death it would seem sometimes ;)

*sensei*

With double blur you mean passing luminosity weights to alpha channel and running it past a gaussian? I can write up the code part, just may take a couple of days... but I am off next week so I may be able to do that pretty soon. Let me know if this is what you mean before I start coding for nothing :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah precisely that. Can't figure it out :P Maybe it's me brain that's screaming for sleep or I'm just not that intuitive, or something. If you could do it that would be truly amazing. Though don't feel like you need to rush it, take all the time you want ;)

In the mean time I will see if I can figure it out somehow.

*master*

--JawZ-- wrote:At the very top in the GUI shader window;

Code: Select all

INFO---X is Night
INFO---Y is Day
OK, missed that. I see X/Y like that and my brain gets stuck in a Cartesian loop.

*sensei*

Jawz
So I made this shader... but I do not know what on earth is happening with the alpha channel between enbbloom.fx and enbeffect.fx... but It's not working properly... I checked the code over and over and made the whole shader a lot simpler than it normally is, but I don't seem to be able to get a proper weighted luminosity passed to alpha of bloom texture. Something is happening in between these shaders or inside of bloom shader messing with alpha channel (other shader perhaps?), or im just as stupid as a rock (no offense to The Rock).

Dunno.

When I pass weighted luma to the normal rgb channels all works fine, I just get a grey bloom. When I put it in alpha channel my screen gets messed up with all kind of grey lines and stripes flickering on/off, but I see the values are there as I see a grey image of the screen as well, just not presented properly.

Seems to be a dead end...

*master*

prod80 wrote:Jawz
So I made this shader... but I do not know what on earth is happening with the alpha channel between enbbloom.fx and enbeffect.fx... but It's not working properly... I checked the code over and over and made the whole shader a lot simpler than it normally is, but I don't seem to be able to get a proper weighted luminosity passed to alpha of bloom texture. Something is happening in between these shaders or inside of bloom shader messing with alpha channel (other shader perhaps?), or im just as stupid as a rock (no offense to The Rock).

Dunno.

When I pass weighted luma to the normal rgb channels all works fine, I just get a grey bloom. When I put it in alpha channel my screen gets messed up with all kind of grey lines and stripes flickering on/off, but I see the values are there as I see a grey image of the screen as well, just not presented properly.

Seems to be a dead end...
I would like to be as dumb as you when it comes to HLSL. Maybe some day... after all, a girl can dream.