Skyrim SSE Water for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Skyrim SSE Water for ENB

Work in progress, so admittedly many things could be improved but perhaps someone will already find it to their liking.

Features:
  • Displacement support
  • Tries to eliminate water seams
  • More tranquil, transparent water near shore
  • Maintains vanilla style river flows
  • Semi-realistic water transparency
  • 4k textures for best displacement
  • Optional 2k textures for best performance
  • Optional wavy river waters (disables flowmap)
  • Optional Waterfalls and Effects Add-On
  • Optional support for iNeed - Food Water and Sleep (deprecated, will be updated upon request)
Remember to play with the [WATER] parameters provided by ENBSeries. For reference, here's how mine look at the moment:

Code: Select all

[WATER]
IgnoreWeatherSystem=true
DisableDistantReflection=true
EnableTemporalAA=true
EnableDispersion=true
EnableCaustics=true
EnableParallax=true
EnableSelfReflection=false
EnableDisplacement=true
EnableTessellation=true
DisplacementQuality=0
TessellationQuality=0
BrightnessDawn=1.0
BrightnessSunrise=1.0
BrightnessDay=1.0
BrightnessSunset=1.0
BrightnessDusk=1.0
BrightnessNight=1.0
BrightnessInteriorDay=1.0
BrightnessInteriorNight=1.0
FresnelMultiplier=0.35
CausticsAmount=1.0
DispersionAmount=0.35
ReflectionAmount=1.0
SunSpecularMultiplier=2.0
SunScatteringMultiplier=0.75
WavesAmplitudeDawn=0.5
WavesAmplitudeSunrise=0.75
WavesAmplitudeDay=1.0
WavesAmplitudeSunset=0.75
WavesAmplitudeDusk=0.5
WavesAmplitudeNight=0.25
WavesAmplitudeInteriorDay=1.0
WavesAmplitudeInteriorNight=1.0
Muddiness=0.90

[UNDERWATER]
IgnoreWeatherSystem=true
EnableCaustics=true
HighQualityCaustics=true
CausticsAmount=3.0
TintAmount=1.65
Tweaks for SkyrimPrefs.ini

This should improve the quality of the game's build-in screen space reflections with the expense of minor performance hit:

[Display]
iReflectionResolutionDivider=1
If your underwater is completely clear, you have this set to 0:

[Imagespace]
bDoDepthOfField=1
When using the Waterfalls and Effects Add-On, do keep in mind that you can adjust the brightness of waterfalls and related effects with LightingIntensity and AmbientIntensity parameters under [PARTICLE] section. In general, I've found that for best visual results, you should use higher AmbientIntensity and lower LightingIntensity during daytime and vice versa for night-time (higher LightingIntensity and lower AmbientIntensity). But like always, it's best to simply play with the parameters to find out a good balance for the given preset and weather modification you're using.

If you have any bright ideas on how you would personally prefer the water to look that's all great but please keep it to yourself, I'm not interested. Bug reports and that sort of things are more than welcome, though.

Please do not ask for compatibility patches since I doubt I have time to create any. Also please do not use my assets for any purposes of your own.

DOWNLOAD GOOGLE DRIVE
DOWNLOAD MEGA

CHANGELOG
---------------
09/06/2019 - Added installer, 2K textures for better performance and an alternative version with wavy river waters. Tweaked Whiterun water type(s).
10/06/2019 - Improved river flow, adjusted things a bit so that the most shallow streams (like the one near Whiterun) don't seem completely transparent.
14/06/2019 - Added an optional Waterfalls and Effects Add-On. Thanks to Guzio for smoothing the tall waterfall mesh.
30/06/2019 - Fixed odd-looking water puddles such as those found in the Thieves Guild Headquarters.
07/08/2019 - Improved water ponds near Whiterun and possibly elsewhere.
09/08/2019 - Fixed a self-inflected bug with ponds, added iNeed patches.
10/08/2019 - Added a few improved creek objects.
17/08/2019 - Fixed bright water edges during foggy weathers and/or with certain weather modifications.
06/10/2019 - Fixed bright water edges in interior locations.
16/01/2020 - Fixed underwater surface.
17/01/2020 - Improved ponds (default installer only), water splash.
21/01/2020 - Fixed bright water fog in certain interior locations.
28/03/2020 - Reduced water travel speed for "Wavy Rivers" installation option.
29/03/2020 - Improved underwater. Set [UNDERWATER] "TintAmount" so that it matches the surface, around 1.6 or so should do the trick.
17/04/2020 - Added "Omnidirectional" versions that remove distinct water flow direction from most water types, with large rivers being an exception.
19/04/2020 - When using the default installation option the large lakes no longer flow into any distinct direction. Also consolidated the "omnidirectional" versions into the main versions.
20/04/2020 - Maintenance release, some mostly housekeeping. Also improved waterfall mist for small waterfalls, smoother water flow in the short creek.
03/06/2020 - Updated iNeed compatibility patches.

Re: Skyrim SSE Water for ENB

I love it mindflux, great work!

You can truly see the quality in everything you do. Do you have a paypal/patreon it's possible to donate to?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Glad to hear you like it! Thanks for your offer but please support Boris instead, thanks to him we have these nice things.

Looks great in your pics! Is this an either or thing? That is, does it need to be used on its own or can we use this with Realistic Water 2? Not looking for a compatibility patch or anything, just trying to figure out if I need to remove RW2 from my load order.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Preview looks great, thank you for this!

*master*

I´ve found a massive fps drop in Solitude using this mod and a water seam in Solitude, also if you look at closer, the water waves looks a bit blurry and, personaly i don´t like passive water, i would like to have a more wavy version in rivers, lakes, etc.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mlbuRPTLe0
Blurry water waves: https://imgur.com/D268HCH

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

nova_stark wrote:Looks great in your pics! Is this an either or thing? That is, does it need to be used on its own or can we use this with Realistic Water 2? Not looking for a compatibility patch or anything, just trying to figure out if I need to remove RW2 from my load order.
You might be able to use this with RW2 and benefit from it's other improvements as long as you have it after RW2 in the load order but I haven't tested myself.

Mirx wrote:I´ve found ... a water seam in Solitude
That seam exists even in Vanilla. It's much more subtle without ENB, but it is still there.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Started to look at this since I didn't remember seeing any seams and in the video it looked like the UVs get reset, which seemed puzzling. That then lead me to find out that the download was in fact messed up due to my over zealous scripting in comparison to my skills and I didn't notice since I used a different set of files locally. Fixed now so no seam no more (except at the terrain texture beneath, but that's out of the scope of this modification).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

There is a small thing that breaks the immersion - water flows where it should not. For example when standing on the ocean shore - water flows out from the shores. Same thing with lakes. (tried to install Waves to hide it, but Waves are not showing on flowing water)

There should be no flowing on ocean and lakes. Other than that - looks really nice.