Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Skyrim SE. Water foam brightness is not affected by any light intensity setting. before patch and after. Any way to fix his?

Hiya mindflux! Hope you're doing well.

So I just noticed that the latest SSE Particle Patch now has a plugin that conflicts in damn near every parent cell record with pretty much every lighting mod (like Luminosity, ELE, etc.) I went back a few pages and didn't see any discussion on this, and the changelog doesn't mention it. You're adding Show Sky and a SkyWeatherFromRegion to each cell.

Questions:

1) Does having those settings set without ENB enabled affect appearance in game in any way?
2) If those settings do not have any effect without ENB, do you have an objection to makers of lighting mods incorporating your edits into their own lighting mods, as the same plugin should be usable by both ENB and non-ENB users? Would you require that your mod's plugin be a master to their lighting mod if this is done?
3) If they do have an effect without ENB, then it seems like patches for the patch would be required. Would I have permission to make and distribute one, for Luminosity at least? Such a patch would have both masters (the lighting mod plugin and your plugin) as masters.

Thanks kindly for all your great work.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I think there was discussion about the plugin on one of the previous pages (back when the issue was reported) but it's difficult to find now. The plugin was required to help ENB detect the correct time of day in the affected interior locations but I don't think it's any longer needed when using the proper SKSE helper plugin from aers. I haven't removed my plugin because users not using SKSE might still find it useful, but yes, you should consider it deprecated so it's probably not a good idea to incorporate it into any existing mods at this point especially since it causes the dreaded compatibility issues which users will come complaining about. That said, the plugin itself should be harmless and not change the game's appearance when not using ENB.

Cmex, battou I deleted all those from the patch due to users complaining about compatibility issues with weather mods, sorry.

mindflux wrote: Cmex, battou I deleted all those from the patch due to users complaining about compatibility issues with weather mods, sorry.
This is sad, but can i ask you to upload them separately from patch? Or maybe there is another way to fix it? Thank you.

*master*

Sorry that I remind. I think maybe you overread my post. I have posted another image of a problem with the magelights! one page earlier.

Greetings.

I am using Rudy ENB with Obsidian Weather, ELFX, True Storms and Embers HD and I have several problems.

White water at night in waterfalls and rain drips.
Obsidian Weather's very white night fog effect.
I don't see the effect of the Particle Patch fire in the chimneys of inns and houses, only the vanilla.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The water issue is to be expected since deleting the meshes.

Which chimney would those be? Those might have gotten accidentally deleted too.

mindflux wrote:The water issue is to be expected since deleting the meshes.

Which chimney would those be? Those might have gotten accidentally deleted too.
All. I can't get it to look like this...

Can I solve the water problem myself, or do I have to wait for a new version of the particle patch?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You're referring to the SSE version? Those screenshots are from the LE version, and SSE might look different. Posting a screenshot would help see what's the problem.

I can't promise I will look into the water issue any time soon, seeing as I'm kind of fed up with that thing and there are no good solutions. I could make their intensity correct but the color would be fixed, meaning that it would look incorrect for most time of days. I can't use the color from the weathers because they're messed up and I can't fix every weather mod.

mindflux wrote:You're referring to the SSE version? Those screenshots are from the LE version, and SSE might look different. Posting a screenshot would help see what's the problem.

I can't promise I will look into the water issue any time soon, seeing as I'm kind of fed up with that thing and there are no good solutions. I could make their intensity correct but the color would be fixed, meaning that it would look incorrect for most time of days. I can't use the color from the weathers because they're messed up and I can't fix every weather mod.
Yeah, it's at SSE. So... The best option for the Particle Patch to display correctly is remove any weather mod? Nat, Obsidian...