Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

MX_ForestGrass01.zip doesn't contain EWI'S HIGH-RES RETEXTURE, can somebody share?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

My mistake, sorry about that. Outdated link fixed now.

mindflux wrote:My mistake, sorry about that. Outdated link fixed now.
Thank you very much.

Just to be on the safe side, is the ice shader fix compatible with Skyrim Special Edition? And out of curiosity what exactly does it do? :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not sure about compatibility actually, I haven't tested it myself (but I haven't heard of any issues either).

The fix modifies the ice that's accumulated on various surfaces (stone mainly I guess) so that it's not blinding bright when using ENB. There's a lot of that type of ice for example in the exterior cell of Labyrinth so you could run the game with and without there to check it out.

Alright, thanks for the fast reply and the explanation! :) I'm currently still setting up my game since I've waited with SSE until SKSE64 and haven't even created a character yet, so it'll be a day or two until I can test it, but when I do I will definitely get back to you and report my findings!

Cheers and keep up your great work! :)

Okay so I tested at Labyrinthian with and without the shader fix these are the results:

Without the shader fix:

With the shader fix:

Now I'm currently not using an ENB since I'm still building and testing mods for my next playthrough, but as you can see there is a clearly visible difference, question is, is it supposed to be that grey looking without an enb or is that actually not the intended result?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for taking the time to do screenshots.

Yes, it was years ago but from what I remember that's the intended results - the results does blend a lot better with the environment and with ENB the difference the will be even more pronounced in many cases.

Okay, good to know! :) I will most likely end up using an ENB again anyway :P and even without it I much prefer to have the grey inconspicuous objects than the glowing ones :lol:
On a side note, I resaved both the flaming atronarch and ice shader fix esp with the new creation kit before I did my testing with them and both seem to work completely fine. I also ran Ousnius' SSE NIF Optimizer on the meshes from the particle patch and they also all seem to be working fine in game and also look visually fine in nifscope, can't say more though because I don't know squat about meshes or nifscope ^^.

Just wanted to mention it in case anyone else asks about this or if you wanna put a note into the description that it is fine to convert both the esps and the meshes for SSE, but someone more experienced should probably take a look at them first to make absolutely sure, since I can only speak from my very limited experience and knowledge about these things.

Oh and one more little question :D , as far as I know you are the mod author of Embers HD, correct? Are you planning on converting the mod for SSE? Have been using it ever since I first discovered it for Oldrim a year ago or so and I really loved it, would be super awesome to see an official version for SSE as well. However, I totally understand if you aren't planning on porting it due to whatever reason, that is of course your prerogative :).

Cheers, keep up your awesome work and thanks again for your answers! :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You've been busy :)

Yes, from my limited testing and from what I've heard from the users the particle patch meshes and plugins should work fine with SSE given that you also apply the SSE patch to update those pesky problematic meshes. In the beginning when SSE was released we had quite a few problems because people were hellbent on using the patch with SSE even though it was made clear that it's not meant to be used with SSE. The particle patch is meant to be used with ENB with its full feature set, but it does yield some improvements even when used without SSE so no problem there. However, compared to the classic Skyrim with ENB, SSE is like a pale shadow of it.

From my testing it looks like the plugins work just fine even without saving them with the SSE CK.

As for Embers HD, I guess you could already tell that I'm not a fan of SSE :lol: That mod too was created to take advantage of ENB and since I hate the fact that it wouldn't look how I want in SSE I doubt I will myself release an SSE version, it would be pointless really... That said I think the original mod works with SSE so you can always use that. If there are any problems just let me know and I'm willing to take a look at them, I'm not heartless.

Thanks for your kind words about the patch and Embers HD, appreciated.