Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Sounds great Ewi, please put me on the list.

Ewi
*sensei*

sure mindflux. i will send you a link the next weeks.

Hey mindflux,

Thank you very much for your fixes. :-)

I noticed the link for the Ice Shader Fix in the original post no longer works. Is this fix rolled in to the particle patch or subsurface scattering patches?

Cheers,

Nebulous

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh yeah, that's because Dropbox doesn't allow direct links anymore.

Thanks for the heads-up, link fixed now.

Hello, Mindflux, I have problems with Oldrim Particle Patch + SSE Particle Patch and SSE Particle Patch only.

With Oldrim Particle Patch + SSE Particle Patch I have green square textures at waterfalls at night and blue squares instead of splashes on water.

And with SSE Particle Patch only, I got blue squares instead of splashes on water. Though water and waterfalls aren't glowing anymore.

I don't use ENB, just want to get rid of glowing water at night with Dolomite mod or any other dark nights mods.

As someone said above that Oldrim Particle Patch is working fine on SSE- it doesn't, sadly... With Special Edition and Particle Patch for Oldrim I also had problem with braziers' textures of coals to be gray, so I decided to use only SSE Particle Patch for water only.

Do u need screenshots?

I tested Particle Patches with only USSEP and Relighting Skyrim mods.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Any specific locations where you're testing?

I just double checked with a clean installation with just USLEEP but I have no issues at the waterfalls near Riverwood. Latest SSE version from Steam.

Can you try renaming your data/meshes to data/meshes_ and data/textures to data/textures_, installing just the SSE patch and then testing?

It does sound like a mesh incompatibility issue.

I play Special Edition. There is no need to rename my folder since I have no texture folder at all, and in meshes folder only your SEE Particle Patch, no other meshes there. I will try it and post screenshots. And no, location is not specific, water splashes are not working correctly everywhere outside in rivers and lakes.

P. S. I removed watersplash.nif from Data/meshes/effects/... and splashes are showing correctly.

P. P. S. Also I noticed that size of this file is identical to Oldrim Particle Patch file.

P. P. S. In case if it might be mods, I tried with removed mods (USSEP and Relighting Skyrim), same thing with squares instead of splashed.
Last edited by lum1n on 24 Mar 2017, 16:02, edited 7 times in total.

This is with Skyrim Special Edition and SSE Paticle Patch (USSEP and Relighting Skyrim mods only). Weird, but with Oldrim Particle Patch and SSE Particle Patch above I couldn't reproduce green squares on waterfalls, it's all fine with them now. But squares instead of splashes still occur, this is near Whiterun:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, I think I found the issue now and updated the SSE patch.

There was one required texture missing from the SSE patch which might have caused the bug when you don't have the Oldrim patch installed. However, it's odd that the issue would still manifest even when you had the Oldrim patch installed as well since it contains the texture. Moreover, I never saw the issue, even with the texture missing from SSE's data/textures folder. Anyway, I hope the issue is now resolved, but if it isn't, please let me know and I'll continue looking into it.

mindflux wrote:Thanks, I think I found the issue now and updated the SSE patch.

There was one required texture missing from the SSE patch which might have caused the bug when you don't have the Oldrim patch installed. However, it's odd that the issue would still manifest even when you had the Oldrim patch installed as well since it contains the texture. Moreover, I never saw the issue, even with the texture missing from SSE's data/textures folder. Anyway, I hope the issue is now resolved, but if it isn't, please let me know and I'll continue looking into it.
Installed SSE Patch only and It's all good now, thank you very much!