Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Thanks for the reply! The size of the aura on my spells and the aura around the dawnbreaker weapon are very large compared to my game without ENB installed. The reason that I think the patch isn't working is because I ran the game without the patch and then ran it with and the spells and weapon auras were unaffected. http://imgur.com/a/EbedH http://imgur.com/a/KDoqA Are the image links.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah, doesn't look like the patch is enabled.

I'm afraid I can't really help with Mod Organizer since I haven't used it. Are you sure you're not trying to install the selective version of the patch?

Upon closer inspection, the patch seems to work fine during daytime it's only at night that it is really a problem. Would this be something in the ENB settings?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Try adjusting intensities under [PARTICLE] parameters, but use the weather window since you're probably using the weather plugin.

Tried messing around with the [weather] and [particle] effects to no avail. The problem is only there at night in interiors as well. The particle effects look 100% fine during daytime (interior or not). Even without Vivid Weathers the problems still there at night, is that the weather plugin you are referring to?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just checked myself too and sorry, I remembered wrong - the Dawnbreaker aura is actually fire, I probably made is so because it's more like fire than true particle.

As such, its intensity is governed by [FIRE] parameters. Check here:

Most likely the preset you're using is using fire intensity that's significantly higher than the game's default, or maybe a different curve.

As for the weather system, I was referring to the ENB plugin (enbseries.dll) that can be used for creating per-weather parameter sets. If IgnoreWeatherSystem is not enabled in the enbseries.ini fore [FIRE] parameters (the left window in the screenshots) you need to open the weather window by clicking Show Weather Window in the ENB main window and make the edits there, per weather. That said - since fire properties should probably be the same for every weather, it would seem sensible to enable IgnoreWeatherSystem for [FIRE], adjust the properties in the enbseries.ini, save and be done with it.

Here you can see the weather window opened:

DOWNLOAD:

PARTICLE PATCH ALL-IN-ONE INSTALLATION

PARTICLE PATCH SELECTIVE INSTALLATION

SUBSURFACE SCATTERING PATCH

SPECIAL EDITION PATCH

NOTE: The SSE patch is a standalone fix ONLY for bright whitewater and waterfalls at night. DO NOT USE WITH THE ORIGINAL SKYRIM!

If you want to use the main patch with SSE, first install it and then the SSE patch, overwriting when prompted.

BONUS STUFF:

ICE SHADER FIX

HIGH POLY FERN MESHES (WITH EWI'S 2K RETEXTURE)

LONG FIELD GRASS (AUTUMN/SUMMER VARIANTS)

CLOVER PATCH FOREST GRASS (WITH EWI'S HIGH-RES RETEXTURE)
if I want to use these for skyrim se, which one should I use? can I use them all?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Everything should work with SSE too but if you do install the legacy particle patch make sure you also install the special edition patch afterwards, overwriting when prompted. The legacy patch is not 100% tested in SSE by me but from what I've seen or heard from users I'm not aware of any issues. If you do spot anything please let me know and I'll look into it.

Hi Mindflux I would ask you permission on usage of the solitude mesh (blue palace entrance nif)

I am making a new mesh modification never published on nexus yet (since I am redoing some of the textures and meshes)

and I need your enb tweaks otherwise the door in the blue palace becomes transparent

this is the mod:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/86446

I can make it complete for today, for now I have diffuse ready, parallax and spec maps + normals (but I need proper meshes)

I will credit you big time, this should be something very nice I think, I'll post results

this will be parallax+shiness flag for stones to use the spec map Pfuscher has made

Best

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sure thing! As mentioned before somewhere everything is free to use by anyone.

You mod looks stellar by the way, love the attention to all the details.