Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Well it is not so much bugs as just a short cut on the shader development part... which is most likely a gamebryo issue and not bethesda :)

But yeah atronachs are funny that way since they require quite a bit of different shaders to look properly.

*master*

Jafin16 wrote:
narphous wrote:So I'm hoping someone can help, because this is driving me nuts. I found that the flame atronach body responds to the particle shader, while the armor responds to lightsprite. I'm trying to get the the body, at least, to respond to the fire shader, but am having zero luck. I looked at the firetrail mesh, which does respond to the fire shader, but cannot get the body the also respond to fire even after copying over the settings. So obviously, I'm missing something here. Can someone point me in the right direction to "fix" the atronach?
I'm having a similar problem, although the flame atronach body seems to be reacting to WindowLight on my end.

Also, I noticed that ash piles (those left when raised undead die again) respond to WindowLight as well. The bugs left in this game after 2.5 years of modding and fixing is astonishing. Hopefully Bethesda does a better job with their next game... And don't use Gamebryo.
The armor itself reacts to window light shader. The body is what reacts to particles.

*master*

I found a dust shaft/light shaft in Ilinalta's Deep that seems to be in need of attention. It is located in the room where you first enter the dungeon. There is another one further in, near the end of the dungeon, but I suspect it is just another instance of the same affected mesh.

I hope i'm posting on topic here, if not then i'm sorry. I'm a bit of an ENB noob. :)

After couple days modding Skyrim w- Mod Organizer and everything running neatly, i installed an ENB. First was Project ENB, but i wasn't quite blown away, although it worked bug free, as far as i could see.

Now i installed RealVision ENB, and absolutely love it. A bit too bright in the highlights, but easy to adjust. But i found a big problem and i hope you shader experts here could help me. There are objects that look like glowing, especially in twilight. I didn't have that problem with Project ENB. It's not the surface scattering, or Skyrim Flora Overhaul. I think it could be that cranked contrast in the highlights.

Here are 2 screens, one w- ENB, one w/o. It was early in the morning, before sunrise. Look at the thistle bush, at the signpost, even the lantern post in the reds. Something's not right here - quite aggravating... I love the look of the game right now and i've never seen someone complain about a similar problem. Couldn't find a solution myself...

EDIT: attachments deleted

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not sure anymore as it's been quite a while, but it looks a bit like a mesh issue that high gamma is bringing out. Try fiddling with direct and ambient light curves to see if they make a difference.

*sensei*

As Mindflux says. But also AmbientLightingColorFilter can have this side effect.

Btw this topic belongs in the support section.
CGI ENB

*sensei*

Rather common issue with the road signs... especially if you are using a preset that have the skyrim default bloom shader enabled. It has a weird flag that will cause it to be overly bright compared to most other things near it. You can sorta reduce it by making the actual texture overall darker.. which might be the easiest way to do it.

Thanks guys. This issue is too complex for me. I switched to Kountervibe ENB, then to Serenity ENB, and the problem is gone in both (almost, some plants have just too bright textures).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Certain flora and clutter uses Ambient RGB values, which is set in either Weather or Lighting Templates, and cause either very dark or bright flora and certain rocks as well as clutter.
If certain flora (the auto generated kind most likely) is to dark you can add a low amount of AmbientColorFilterAmount to alleviate this problem. If they are to bright do the same but set AmbientColorFilterTop and AmbientColorFilterBottom to 0 and use a small AmbientColorFilterAmount value.

The best way however is to go inside CK and assign a new proper looking grey value to the Ambient value in either Weathers or Lighting Templates, depending on if it is an Exterior or Interior. But this would of course cause incompatibility issues.

Then there is also the SSS Vegetation Amount you can tinker with.
DirectLighting also has a very noticeable effect on similar flora that is affected by SSS Vegetation as well as Ambien values. Lowering the DirectLightingCurve can help with too bright flora.

Hey Mindflux,

Please could you look at a thread I recently posted:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3714&p=59396#p59396

I've linked it here because I noticed back in 2013, Jafin16 reported the exact same issue.
I was wondering if a fix was in the works?