Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

As far as the smeared ferns...I seen it happen near stairs to the Skyforge and in the caves under the Honningbrew Meadery. What's so odd is that sometimes they appear perfect and other times I get the weird smears or blurs.

The no glow thing...sometimes glow comes back for certain items like potions, taproot, etc. Has never come back for the glowing mushrooms though. Again not sure that this has anything to do with particle patch or any Mindflux mods. I mentioned it just in case it was somehow related, or in case any of you guys have ever encountered this before.

I use Embers HD with all patches as well...huge fan of Mindflux mods. Normally I figure out any issues on my own...but kind of lost on these two.

Recently discovered an issue with Ruins Clutter Improved v2.9. Had black stripes on backs or sides of all candles except horncandles. Went back to version 2.8 and candles look perfect again. I may try skipping RCI completely and see what happens. I will miss those puzzle pillars though!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for all the information, it's a peculiar issue and I'm not entirely sure about the cause but I made some changes that I hope will resolve the issue - please re-download the fern pack.

I'll take a look at the glow issue next. Have you noticed whether it's the exactly same object in the same place that sometimes glows and sometimes doesn't, or whether it's a different object (FormID).

Thanks for liking my stuff, you guys are the reason that keeps me coming back to Skyrim.

Wow...was not expecting you to edit anything...thank you! I will definitely give the new files a shot.

I do know what you mean by item id...but the glow goes out on stuff for entire item groups:

All glowing mushrooms will go out at the same time (most common to stop glowing)
All glowing potions and poisons go out at the same time. Rustic Animated Potions and Poisons by Gamwich.
Sometimes Achronos11 Taproot 1K even stops glowing/pulsing.
Unread Books Glow seems to keep working no matter what!
Have not checked Blackreach yet.

Somehow on my last play everything started working on it's own...at least temporarily. Very random on and off...it's weird!

I just thought that maybe you guys heard of this before or you could give advice on where I could begin looking/troubleshooting.

I wish I could contribute to the modding scene. I'd be happy if I just knew how to create re-textures!

Thank you again for looking into these.

I tested out the new fern meshes/textures. Here are some images:

With the fern meshes, I forgot to mention that unless I delete ReachShrub01.nif and ReachShrub02.nif, I get missing texture markers all over Tamriel.

As far as the clustered fern smearing...I suspect that this may be conflicting with Verdant's esp controlled fern clusters.

Looking into alternatives...maybe Tamriel Reloaded?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry for the slow reply, didn't notice your post earlier.

That's really odd, I can't seem to be able to repro the bug. Do you know a 100% repro on how to trigger it? I'm myself using Tamriel Reloaded with no issues.

As for the reachshrub01 and 02, Ewi probably included them in the download accidentally - I'll remove them.

I just got done doing a list of over 500 mods. Took me a few days. A few different issues I have to correct, so I will be reinstalling everything again.

In between...to find out if my suspicions are correct, I'm going to try reinstalling an extremely short list to see if it will repro bug.

Will report back...

You nailed it! Whatever you did worked. That's with Verdant and hundreds of other mods too!

Before I gave up on Verdant completely and reinstalled everything from scratch, I decided to try to put this at the end of my install order...just to see.

Here are the results:

It may not have been Verdant. Could have been any one of my hundreds of mods.

Went to delete the ReachShrub meshes but you had taken them out already...cool.

I love these ferns of yours so much that it literally made my day! Thank you! : )

Also wanted to ask you about the Ice Shader Fix for ENB.

I tried Real Glaciers V2 but they are just WAY too blue. Love the way they look otherwise though.

Went back to the old school Real Ice and they were a little blue, but textures are not as good.

Is there some way that I could drain the color out of the Real Glaciers textures myself using Gimp...or is it way more complicated than that?

Is there a glacier or ice mod that the Ice Shader Fix mod will work best with?

https://thebetterplan.files.wordpress.c ... ceberg.jpg

Thanks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey, that's really great news! Sorry for the hassle - it was probably an issue with the meshes, without any proper documentation it's sometimes a bit of hit and miss work especially since different users can have different issues.

As for the Ice Shader Fix, it only applies to dynamic ice so for glaciers and stuff like that you need to find something else. Like you suggested, editing the textures is often the best way to match them with the look you're going for. Reducing the blue tint shouldn't be complicated at all, basically you only need to open the .dds file of the diffuse texture (that's the one without any tags like _n) with an image editing tool, do your magic and then save it back as .dds. It's been a while since I tested Gimp but IIRC this the plugin you need to be able to load and save .dds files:

https://code.google.com/archive/p/gimp-dds/

I guess the diffuse for glacier doesn't have any alpha information so you should save your file as DXT1 (compression format).

By the way, did you ever figure out the issue with the glowing objects?

Thank you for the info. I already had Gimp and DDS and normal map plugins installed just so I could view and compare textures better. I have SageThumbs too but sometimes they are just too small.

I desaturated the diffuse...not knowing about mipmaps I edited all 12 to match...just in case...generated mipmaps on export again anyway...as BC3/DXT5 (oops!). Kept getting volume map errors, which I'm now guessing happened because I did not export as DXT1.

Anyway I desaturated and then even edited again to try to balance lightness...didn't really look right either time. Maybe I should have focused on hue and removing the blue only.

So I went back to hunting for a ready made glacier mod. Found RIS Real Ice and Snow. I like it because the bright version is nice and white like the picture I linked.

Plus it looks really good with the Ice Shader Fix for whatever reason.

Not exactly sure what is meant by dynamic ice...I understand dynamic snow...but what would be an example of a dynamic ice mod?

I'm using Better Dynamic Snow with 10x better version of Real Snow...looks amazing with ENB!

Never did really figure out for sure on the glow bug thing. Have some ideas though. Glow came back on its own eventually. I use a ton of visually taxing mods, so it's no surprise that a 2011 game sometimes cannot load everything properly! : )

One of my ideas has to do with the way I configured Taproot 1K by Achronos11 to glow and pulse. It's possible that since it was never really meant to pulse in the vanilla game, that somehow the _g gets stuck on or off and confuses the other _g files. So I'm going to do Taproot different and see if it makes a difference.

Thank you for helping me troubleshoot. I really appreciate your help.