Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Ok thank you!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No problem, IIRC it was pretty much a quick hack and could be probably greatly improved but not sure if there's a point anymore.

not sure if there's a point anymore
If you assume that "everybody" is on SSE by now, let me respectfully inform you that you are mistaken ;)
OTOH, I don't use the Ice Shader Fix anymore. It seemed to do the exact opposite in my game from what it was intended to do, possibly due to a mod conflict with, like, Better Dynamic Snow, ELFX, or some other mod.
Oh and on the subject of ice, I'm not using the meshes from PP that disable subsurface scattering on glaciers etc. I understand that SSS kills some detail, but detail is not the only consideration when it comes to beautiful glaciers imho.
Just my personal 2 cents.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Aye I am still using this for classic Skyrim. Just updated to 315 and also did a fresh update of your fixes Mindflux. SE just doesn't appeal to me personally.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm just gonna jump in and say the same. If SE had SKSE and the same or similar ENB support, sure, I'd jump over to the 64-bit version of the game... but it doesn't and looks like it probably never will... so I'm still on LE. And I use the particle patch... always.

*sensei*

While I'm not very active here, I just wanted to hop in and agree with Jafin and Wolfgrimdark. SSE didn't appeal to me at all. Sure the stability and overall improvements to the engine far surpasses vanilla Skyrim. But SSE is missing a fully featured ENB with lighting control, mist, sky control and so much more which makes Oldrim the best way to experience TES5. And I'm always using your patches, Mindflux. :)
CGI ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks guys, I really appreciate. I feel exactly like you, I have tried to give SSE a fair chance but it's just not the same without ENB. For me, the freedom that ENB offers from a visual point of view is just staggering (just think of all the presets that have been created, each of them is like a completely different interpretation of the game's visuals altogether), and without the full feature set of ENB it's just pointless, it's all very limited.

It sucks that I've been too busy this year with work and family and all that so that I haven't had much time to spend on Skyrim and/or the particle patch, or other mods for that matter, but I guess there are no major issues with the patch anymore. I do have to say that the thought of firing up Skyrim again does make me wistful.

Just installed your patch, first that I noticed something unusual were slightly glowing or phosphoric like DeathBells at night. Is it okay?
Screenshots for example:
http://imgur.com/a/JZ48a
http://imgur.com/h2gARwK

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I guess so, since according to the lore deathbells should glow in the dark.

I have already forgotten whether they are affected by any ENB parameters, but you could try.

Now that you mentioned, adding a nicer looking glow for the would be a great effect, I'll check it out when I have time.

One more question. If I installed "PARTICLE PATCH ALL-IN-ONE INSTALLATION", Do I need "SUBSURFACE SCATTERING PATCH" or it already includes in all-in-one?