Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Guzio
Nice work! Are those (the originals with bugs) vanilla meshes or something else? Not sure why, but I have never noticed such bugs. Then again, maybe I should have played the game more ;-)

Do you mind if I add the meshes to the patch?

nicangel
Sorry, like I said the preset was my own that was never released (because it was never finalized).

I'm sure there are a lot of presets around with similar or even better interiors, try to browse through the gallery thread to find something you like.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Of course, you can add these files to your patch :) But I disabled a few Shaders flags: Decal, Dynamic Decal and, if I good remember, No Fade and I'm not sure if I did it right.

Swell.nif and swindmill.nif are perhaps from some parallax mod ( probably from Project Parallax Remastered ) I saw in Nifskope that parallax flag was enabled for these meshes. I have extracted others from bsa archive.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

Good catch, Guzio, these fixes are not specifically focused on particle rendering system but they're design errors for sure. Thanks for pointing them out.

However, I polished some of your fixes (available in this archive : http://host.conseiljedi.com/~nico/Skyri ... 20fixes.7z) for various reasons :

- several of them were already achieved by USKP (archive contains them).
- 1 of them is based on a corrupted mesh from a parallax mod (the well) and has an exposed underside. I took the USKP fixed one and applied your alpha fix on it.
- 1 of them (Top market stall) has gaps from vanilla. I closed them, optimized geometry, applied your alpha fix on it, and then also submitted it to USKP.

Feel free to use my work in any way you want.
Last edited by Nico coiN on 13 Sep 2015, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nico coiN -- Thanks a lot. As I mentioned, I'm a complete amateur in these matters :)

Smarketstall01.nif and smarketstalltop.nif are form Mindflux patch, completely forgot about them.

I also forgot to mention that I changed ( for that transparent parts of these meshes ) flag in NiAlphaproperty to 4844, threshold 128.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Another mesh that would need fixing is the sovngardesky.nif. In vanilla it doesn't react to any setting at all. But there stars, aurora's and kind of a sun, more of beacon of lights from the divines or something like that, should be able to be altered.

Anyway I did make it react to the stars by removing current shader and replacing them with the BSSkyShader and setting the option to Stars instead of SkyTexture. Aurora's are a bit more messy though. It has 3 star sections and 3 aurora sections, well three of everything in there actually.

Might be worth looking into if anyone here get's the time to do so.

Hi everyone, I've been having this very strange issue since I installed the patch, as you can see in the pictures, all the interior light beams became white bulbs, looks like missing texture.

I installed the particle patch after SMIM and ELFX, but didn't choose to overwrite anything from those two mods, so only non conflicting files are installed.(later I tried overwrite everything, unfortunately the problem persist)

when I disable the particle patch the problom is gone. I wonder if anyone could help me with this issue, thanks in andvance.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not sure what gives, maybe a conflicting texture replacer or other mod, but you can probably get around the issue by navigating to meshes/effects/ambient and deleting the fxamb*.* files bundled with the patch.

Thank you mindflux, I deleted the files and it is fixed

Apologies if I posted this to wrong section, but this seemed appropriate place to throw in my question.

It "might" be a enb preset related issue or my ham-handiness that is causing it, but help/tips nonetheless could be useful from particle experts. So I have this slight problem with waterfoam on waterfalls, the foam is really grey:ish tones in daylight.. but looks relatively fine on night-time( like it should be looking so to speak ). It almost feels like daytime the particle foam does not react to light right on some presets.

Now I have tried fiddling with the particle intensity, but it makes the waterfalls more like lamps then waterfalls. Load order seems fine (Relighting skyrim, realistic water 2 and particle patch following suite) changes there seem to not have effects. Now using different enb presets the foam is normal white tints on some setups, but I am kind of curious how could I fix the particle setting on the ones they seem to assert on the grey spectrum?

http://i.imgur.com/JkCKasg.jpg Preset a) that im having problems

http://i.imgur.com/3ZBAXyt.jpg Preset b) that has fine waterfoam

These images might show abit what im rambling about.

Hopefully my bad English makes some sense!

Anyway thanks for your great work and thanks for Boris for his work. You guys made this game more special then I could have ever imagined.

*master*

Jips wrote:Apologies if I posted this to wrong section, but this seemed appropriate place to throw in my question.

It "might" be a enb preset related issue or my ham-handiness that is causing it, but help/tips nonetheless could be useful from particle experts. So I have this slight problem with waterfoam on waterfalls, the foam is really grey:ish tones in daylight.. but looks relatively fine on night-time( like it should be looking so to speak ). It almost feels like daytime the particle foam does not react to light right on some presets.

Now I have tried fiddling with the particle intensity, but it makes the waterfalls more like lamps then waterfalls. Load order seems fine (Relighting skyrim, realistic water 2 and particle patch following suite) changes there seem to not have effects. Now using different enb presets the foam is normal white tints on some setups, but I am kind of curious how could I fix the particle setting on the ones they seem to assert on the grey spectrum?

http://i.imgur.com/JkCKasg.jpg Preset a) that im having problems

http://i.imgur.com/3ZBAXyt.jpg Preset b) that has fine waterfoam

These images might show abit what im rambling about.

Hopefully my bad English makes some sense!

Anyway thanks for your great work and thanks for Boris for his work. You guys made this game more special then I could have ever imagined.
I've seen it too, but I'm wondering if that's a modded mesh issue. I didn't have it until I started using Pure Waters. I don't actually remember what the vanilla waterfall looks like. My current ENB just doesn't bring it out as much as before.