Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

That worked! Thanks.

was looking for this from a long time now...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Is there a way to make ENB light shadow casting ? For example, I added ENB light to braziers and they now light up surroundings. But braziers have complex shape (holes in them), there should be shadows.
The same goes for all kinds of Dwemer lights and any other lights that have bars around them.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I take it that you must mean complex particle lights? No.

For that reason I always recommend to keep the particle light intensity pretty low so that the effect is subtle.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hmmm, but how to explain this: (tinkered with nifskope)

It reacts to complexparticlelights settings and has dynamic shadow. (In the ENB OFF picture there seems to be some kind of shadow, but it's not the shadow from the brazier's light, it's brazier shadow from some interior light. With ENB light for the fire inside the brazier - comes this nice shadow.

EDIT: I mean - if this really works, this can be the cure for shadowcasting light limit. (Just needs ENB)
I have a number of these braziers now working together and no light flicker problem. They do not cast light without ENB, but they cast light and shadow with ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

One thing though I noticed - the shadow seems to be inverted. Where there should be light, there is the shadow and where there should be shadow, ther's light.
Better visible on this angle:

I'm working on it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It seems it depends on the location and height of the light how the shadow looks.
I used console to create another brazier and another embers with fire and enb light:

It's definitely working and it's definitely dependent on ENB:

I know - the shadow is short and not as sharp as some other interior shadows, but it's working !
Last edited by Anubis on 20 Jan 2023, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yep, seems to be working. ENB light (reacts to complexparticlelight settings), casts shadows. I added about 10 of these fires with this light on a small area and all of them are casting shadows, no light flickering (lights not turning on and off).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, now I've been thoroughly testing this type of the ENB light and I can claim - it's a way to circumvent the 4 shadow-casting lights limit.
Of course there are some drawbacks, like fuzzy and short shadows, (though I believe it can be improved a bit)
But it's better than flickering lights or no shadows at all for lights.

I removed light bulbs from several mods and used this ENB light in fire meshes instead - the result looks much more realistic now.

EDIT: I don't understand why people insist that there is no way to overcome the 4 shadow-casting lights limit. Clearly it's possible. And no plugin needed, just edited meshes !
There have been a few discussions in different forums about the same way with certain type of ENB lights, but it seems that this information is not very widespread.

thx for sharing ! :D