Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Hello! I was posting in a different thread here because I thought I was experiencing a memory-related crash or something else odd with my Skyrim install and hoped someone could take a look at my SKSE minidump. Well, turns out it's not a memory issue at all but is actually the particle patch. For some reason whenever I have it installed, I am unable to travel to Solitude, CTDing when I try to take a carriage there. I narrowed it down to the particle patch - install it, crash; uninstall it, no crash. I was concerned that perhaps something was wrong with my particular download of the patch, so instead I installed the particle patch file included with Somber ENB, but that causes a CTD too. Something about the particle patch is making my Skyrim unhappy. Without it, no crashes. Some other mesh-related mods I use include Better Dynamic Snow, Ultimate HD Fire Effects, Ruins Clutter Improved, SMIM (though not all options), and Realistic Water Two. And here's my load order if that helps. This occurs on my existing save as well as a brand new game, fresh out of character creation. Any clues? Thanks.

*master*

No clue. I run pretty much the same mix and it's all good for me.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

if i download the "PARTICLE PATCH ALL-IN-ONE" Do i still need to download the other two ?

PARTICLE PATCH IN SEPARATE FOLDERS + SUBSURFACE SCATTERING PATCH

Well, I fired up Skyrim without the particle patch installed just to check and make sure I was still able to get into Solitude before doing further testing. I wasn't, crashed. I'm even more confused now since uninstalling the particle patch before seemed to allow me to get to Solitude without crashing, and I tested this several times. I guess it is yet something else. At any rate, I just wanted to post again to expand on my previous post, as it seems now that the particle patch is not actually the culprit, though my testing suggested it was. Thanks for the patch. :)
Last edited by faeriexdecay on 15 Mar 2014, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

Something's wrong with "meshes\clutter\woodfires\fireplacewood01burning.nif". I get white squares emitting from it.

*master*

Hi, thanks for this patch. The white water streams in the caves were an eyesore from the moment I first saw it. This helped a great deal. However, there are still these little splashes that go out of the surface that have the old, white colour. Is it possible to fix those to dark as well?

Edit: just ignore this post.. I don't think I quite understood what I was talking about.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Added a fix for a number of Soltsheim water meshes as reported by Aiyen + a little ice shader patch that will prevent ice covered objects from glowing.

Tricky
If you're still experiencing white sparkles from splashes, let me know the exact location and I'll take a look.

*master*

Thanks, but I don't think that will be needed. I think I simply don't like how cave water looks in areas nearly or completely devoid of light. But every water mod I've tried since then has that same problem, so it's probably not related to the splashes.

Thanks again for making the ice shader patch. BTW, the water mesh fix you mention, in which of the archives is that one included? The Particle Patch?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Agree, the water streams often look pretty bad in low light. They could be improved given some effort, though, if somebody was willing to pick up the gauntlet.

The new water meshes are included in both particle patch main archives.

Have anything for this?
The grouping of 5 mushrooms glows correctly. The individual ones... well you can see.