Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Thanks, I'll check. Seems like an oversight from my part.

Update: removed the fire related meshes from the patch since they're apparently fine as-is.

*master*

Thank you for your quick patch! I walked around a little further and saw that one fire particle or flamepart was not affected by the fire settings like the other default fire nifs. and thats the flames of the fireplaces in fort greymoor. The lowest flame is working but the upper flames are not. Why is that? Is that fixable with a particle patch or is this a game issue?

I made some screenshots for that.

http://s72.photobucket.com/user/Dragens ... m.png.html

this is with setting 20 of interior fire. Only the bottom is really lit but the upper flame is totally transparent and normal. not glowing.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks. The phenomenon you described is caused by a bug in the object properties, although it's not visible without ENB. In general, the properties are all over the place which has led me to believe the assets have been created by different people at different times with no fixed requirements, or perhaps they have been changing over the years.

In any case it's fixed now, please re-download the patch.

*master*

Uuuuuh nice !!! thats so cool that you were able to fix that!

I found something else. The dust intensity level is controlled by the fire setting. Don't know why. At least in interiors. I saw that especially in the helgen fort at the beginning. with elfx and alternate start. Don't know if that should be fixed or not.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That's odd, what kind of dust (with a light beam or not)? What's a good location to test? I can probably fix it too by changing it to [PARTICLE] category.

*master*

In the Helgen Fort from the beginning. The cave area. There it can be tested.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, fixed. Also noticed that there are many more, I'll try to work on those in near future.

*master*

Hey man,
I really don't want to bother you but I thought this was something important. The Spiderweb nifs somehow don't really work good. I don't know if thats the lighting mods fault or something else. I think I need to test that. But if I overwrite everything with your webs then some webs like in ustengravs ending are almost no seen even if you have a torch lit. I use ELFX and Ruins clutter. using the ruins clutter ones works fine. ELFX i need to test. But as soon as the particle patch webs come in, it is a little buggy.

edit: I tested it. It is always happening no matter which lighting mod. I had my test spiderwebs in ustengrav at the end while walking through the door. You cannot see them entering the water room (with the ltter on the grave) but you can see them if you turn around and walk out of the room so only one side of the webs are receiving light. I also think that there are webs in bleak falls barrow that are not lighted properly or visible properly. no matter which lighting mod.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It’s possible, I don’t think I ever tested the webs in SSE. Probably better to remove them.

If I remember correctly in the old Skyrim the problem with the webs was that they were lit even in total darkness, as if they were self-illuminated somehow but it was a long time ago, already forgot whether that was with the stock game or with lighting mods.

*master*

I don't know if thats possible but ELFX has the problem that the mod author don't care about changing his fire nifs to work with enb. maybe you could include the nifs elfx is changing and make them use fire settings? :/ I know that is not your problem but since many people use elfx as a lighting mod it may be a good idea to cover that.